BlackBerry Bold 9930 - 8GB - Black (Unlocked) Smartphone (QWERTY Keyboard) Reviews

BlackBerry Bold 9930 - 8GB - Black (Unlocked) Smartphone (QWERTY Keyboard)

If you are a Blackberry fan, this is your new phone

Feb 5, 2012

• Clarity:
  • Portability:
  • Battery Life:

Pros:Fast processing speeds, touch screen and qwerty keyboard.  Best Blackberry ever!

Cons:Apple and Andriod phones have caught up and passed Blackberry.

The Bottom Line: Blackberrys are no longer a "cool" phone.  The 9930 is an awesome business tool, with enough "toys" and "gadgets" to remain respectable.  This 9930 is the finest BB to date.

This is the latest and greatest Blackberry to date.  If your older model is in need of replacement and you are committed to staying with Blackberry this one will impress you.

Specs:

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900   CDMA 800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100   CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
Dimensions 115 x 66 x 10.5 mm
Weight 130 g
Keyboard QWERTY - Touch-sensitive controls
Display Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors - Size 640 x 480 pixels, 2.8 inches (~286 ppi pixel density)   - Optical trackpad
Sound Alert types Vibration, MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
Memory Card slot microSD, up to 32GB,
Internal 8GB storage, 768 MB RAM Data
GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes
Speed Rev.A, up to 3.1 Mbps, HSDPA, 14.4 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band
Bluetooth Yes, v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
NFC Yes
USB Yes, microUSB v2.0
Camera Primary 5 MP, 2592x1944 pixels, LED flash Features Geo-tagging, face detection, image stabilization
Video Yes, 720p Secondary No Features
OS BlackBerry OS 7.0 CPU 1.2 GHz QC 8655 Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Push Email, IM Browser HTML
Radio No
- Organizer
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive text input
Battery   Standard battery, Li-Ion 1230 mAh
Stand-by Up to 307 h (2G) / Up to 307 h (3G) Talk time Up to 6 h 40 min (2G) / Up to 5 h 50 min (3G) Music play Up to 50 h

This is a very substantial looking and feeling phone.  It is the thinest BB I've ever seen, and It has all the BB features you are used to.  Having a full qwerty keypad and touch screen is nice addition.  I had a Storm and liked the large screen, but not the touch keypad.  I had a Curve and liked the keypad, but missed the touch screen.  This combines both and is great.

I've had neumerous BB's in the past, and have liked them all, but this one is real keeper for sure.  It isn't and iPhone, and it in't as new and flashy as the Android models.  It is however a business machine with enough gadgets and features to give me the best of both worlds.

One of my favorite features is the ability to "bridge" my phone and my BB Playbook tablet.  This allows me to use phone as a hotspot to run the tablet in areas where there is no wifi.

Biggest issue is the price.  Verizon wants $249 with 2 year renewal.  I found an independant retailer offering it for $99 and got a $100 Visa gift card for renewing.  That was close enough for me to call it FREE!  Therefore price wasn't an issue anymore.

The OS 7.1 update from 7.0 added a few more features and is an improvement over 6.0, but the QNX system the Playbook runs won't be out for awhile longer.

I was in need of a new phone as my old one was almost three years old and the battery life was unacceptable.

Recommended for: Professionals On-the-Go - Internet and Email is a Must!

Blackberry Bold 9930 Unlocked GSM Touch WIFI Smartphone New Phones are received in a master carton as devices only.We kit them with the included batte...

Thanks for looking at My Auction FREE USPS 2-3 Day Priority Shipping Up for auction is a New Condition Black RIM Blackberry 9930 Bold 3G/4G unlocked C...
SquareTrade C AP6.0 Qualitycellz - where quality is number one! NEW BlackBerry Touch Screen Bold 3G Verizon 9930 Smartphone WiFi . Released for Verizo...
NEW BLACKBERRY Bold Touch 9930 OS7.0 3G 5MP 8GB GPS WIFI 1.2GHz SMARTPHONE BLACK Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge DESCRIPTION 1. The phone is unlocke...
Avail the best of both the worlds with the touch and type BlackBerry Bold 9930 (unlocked), a BlackBerry smartphone that features a capacitive touchscr...
limonas Store NEW BLACKBERRY BOLD II 9900 UNLOCKED*MP3 PLAYER*5.0 MPX CAMERA*QUAD-BAND wi-fi 3G WORLD PHONE International Buyers are responsible for a...