Samsung ML-2165W Workgroup Laser Printer Reviews

Samsung ML-2165W Workgroup Laser Printer

Free Shipping Office Depot

Inexpensive, Wireless, performs well.

Jan 8, 2013

• Paper Handling:

Pros:Cheap purchase, easy setup, wireless, works well.

Cons:A bit flimsy, toner cost.

The Bottom Line: Initial low purchase price made this a good deal. Hopefully, toner costs won't negate it. I would recommend for home use.

I bought this laser printer to replace an aging Samsung ML-2010. Setup was easy with the supplied software CD and a USB cord. It worked immediately with no fuss - wireless included. Two other PCs and a laptop were set up easily and wirelessly. My modem is a 2Wire Inc model 2701 using 128 bit WEP encryption. It is important to have the "key" handy to set the printer up on each device. Once installed and working, I moved the printer to a more central location  - not that this small and light printer takes up much room, but my poor desk is already overcrowded. It works from anywhere in the house where there is a power outlet.

Text printing is quick and crisp, photos (B&W) are acceptable. For the money, I believe this printer is a good value. However, the replacement toner cartridge (DLT-101) is smaller than the one in the old printer, and costs just as much so I suspect it will cost more in the long term, although much less than an inkjet. The 101 cartridge is also micro-chipped so it cannot be refilled easily. Refilled and/or "compatible" toner replacements are also more expensive but then this is still a new model. Prices may drop. However, the cartridge is easier to replace than the 2010.

The construction seems a bit flimsy, but as a light-duty home or school printer it should be fine. Time will tell if it stands up as well as the old 2010, which is still working after 6 years.

Operating System: Windows

The Samsung ML-2165W is a workgroup laser printer that lets you print black and white pages at a resolution of up to 1200x1200 dpi. With high printing...

Compact and Quiet The compact ML-2165W has a footprint of just 13.0in. W x 8.5in. D x 7.0in. H. It'll fit comfortably on a corner of your desk or book...
Office Depot