Samsung Series 3 15.6" (500 GB, AMD Dual-Core E2-Series, 1.7 GHz, 4 GB) Notebook - Gray - NP355E5C-A01US Reviews

Disappointment

Jan 31, 2013
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Quality of Tech Support:

Pros:Cheap

Cons:Doesn't work correctly even after the software downloads / updates were installed to fix problems.

The Bottom Line: I would look for a better quality laptop and try it in the store for at least 30 minutes before buying it.

Window 8 is a problem to adjust to.  Some of the apps available to download don't work correctly.

Problems with the numeric keypad not working correctly have reoccurred since the last software update/fix downloaded to the laptop.     It is not working correctly and there is no more software fixes to download to fix it, as of today 1/31/13.

The touch pad doesn't detect my finger pad sometimes and doesn't feel quite right.  Frequently I can't get the screen that I want to switch to to stay on  the display and it flashes back and forth between the two screens as I try to keep it on the one I want it to stay on. I can't log out of my email account in Internet Explorer and  messages keep popping up about new mail in my gmail account.....  I've also had my email account compromised and email spam has been sent through it even though I've been using a secure Clear connection.  It acts like there is some one hacking my email even after changing passwords and backup security features in gmail.

I should have bought a Toshiba.  I don't like Windows 8 either, after having Windows XP for so many years and on so many computers.

Operating System: Windows
Internal Storage: DVD
Hard Drive (GB): Over 50

5 NP535U3C 13.3 LED (SuperBright) Notebook - AMD A-Series A6-

5 NP535U3C 13.3 LED (SuperBright) Notebook - AMD A-Series A6-

Mobile Computing Made Easy How mobile do you need to be? From among of the world's lightest, to the most powerful, Samsung mobile computers take produ...
Samsung Series 3 NP350V5C-A01US - 15.6 Display - Intel Core i5 2.5GHz - 6GB RAM - 750GB HDD

215 G1, AMD A-Series Dual Core A4 1 GHz, 4GB, 320GB, 11.6-Inch Laptop (Silver)

215 G1, AMD A-Series Dual Core A4 1 GHz, 4GB, 320GB, 11.6-Inch Laptop (Silver)

AMD A-Series Dual Core A4 1 GHz (1 MB Cache) 4 GB DDR3 320 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive 11.6-Inch Screen, AMD Radeon HD 8210 Windows 7 Professional, 8-hour ...
Samsung XE303C12-A01US Exynos 5 Dual-Core 1.7GHz 2GB 16GB 11.6 LED Chromebook Chrome OS w/Webcam & 2-CXE303C12-A01US

Samsung XE303C12-A01US Exynos 5 Dual-Core 1.7GHz 2GB 16GB 11.6 LED Chromebook Chrome OS w/Webcam & 2-CXE303C12-A01U...

Samsung XE303C12-A01US Exynos 5 Dual-Core 1.7GHz 2GB 16GB 11.6 LED Chromebook Chrome OS w/Webcam & 2-Cell XE303C12-A01US
14 Amd 500gb 4gb Win8 S