Samsung 7000 Series PN59D7000 59" Full 3D 1080p HD Plasma Internet TV Reviews

Samsung 7000 Series PN59D7000 59" Full 3D 1080p HD Plasma Internet TV

Fantastic quality, picture and hardware alike

Feb 12, 2012

• Sound:
  • Picture Quality:

Pros:Easy setup, dark as night blacks, excellent picture quality, good input selection, quite passable audio.

samsung-samsung

Cons:Sometimes it's an on-screen keyboard, other times it's very frustrating telephone-style entry.

The Bottom Line: If you go to a big box store to compare, the Samsung TV's definitely stand out amongst the competition, the LED's in particular.

This TV is replacing an older unit. It's amazingly nice, really. The depths of the blacks is astoundingly nice, the colors are vibrant, and there are enough knobs to tune the picture to suit even the pickiest TV watcher.

Initial installation took about 15 minutes. Unbox, put on stand, plug in HDMI components and power, turn on. After setting up networking, it downloaded a software update, applied it, and rebooted the TV (who knew we'd be talking about rebooting our televisions?) at which point everything came up and everything "just worked"

http://www.samsung-samsung.com "app store" is gimmicky and I can't see ever using it beyond the one free application worth using: Netflix. The Netflix client UI is very similar if not identical to the one on my Boxee Box. Wireless network setup on the set was painless, and it works great. The iPhone remote control application rarely ever works, but when it does it's somewhat useful - though since the input is via HDMI and not direct cable, changing channels is a bit useless. Makes for a good way to remotely shut it off, I suppose, though once you turn it off via the iPhone app...there's no way to turn it back on!

Most surprisingly is the quality of the built-in speakers. Complimenting integrated speakers probably gets me a spot on most audiophile's hit-list, but seriously - as I wait for the rest of the system to arrive, the sound provided by the television is quite adequate and fills the room. Deep bass and high fidelity they are not, but they're far from what you'd generally expect with built-ins.

I am not seeing any brightness pops, and will definitely keep an eye out for peeling. This particular unit was a recent manufacture, so perhaps the two most common issues discussed here in various reviews have been addressed.

I would absolutely buy this TV again. http://www.samsung-samsung.com

Amount Paid (US$): 1,754.00

Samsung Pn58b540s3fxza X-sustain, Tv Model

Samsung Pn58b540s3fxza X-sustain, Tv Model

Samsung PN58B540S3FXZA X-Sustain, TV Model X-Sustain for Samsung TV Model PN58B540S3FXZA Product Features:X-Sustain for Samsung TV Model PN58B540S3FXZ...

Samsung Pn64f8500 64-inch 3d Plasma Tv

Samsung Pn64f8500 64-inch 3d Plasma Tv

Samsung PN64F8500 64-inch 3D Plasma TV Our Best Picture Performance Quad Core Processing Super Contrast Panel provide the deepest blacks.Smart TV 2.0 ...

Samsung Un75es9000 75 Full 3d 1080p Led Lcd Internet Tv

Samsung Un75es9000 75 Full 3d 1080p Led Lcd Internet Tv

Samsung UN75ES9000 75 Full 3D 1080p LED LCD Internet TV Echo And Optics Smart TV with Smart Interaction Smart Content with Signature Services Built-in...