Samsung 6000 Series UN60EH6000 60" 1080p HD LED LCD Television Reviews

Best Cheap LED around?

Jul 9, 2012

• Sound:
  • Picture Quality:

Pros:Great picture and good sound.  Good TV for gaming.

Cons:Lack of inputs, no composite & only 2 HDMI inputs

The Bottom Line: For a lower end LED TV this is one of the best on the market.

Time to upgrade the TV to HD after having a big screen for about 9 years now.  Really enjoyed our old Toshiba set.  The entertainment room needed an upgrade and I went shopping to get a new Flat screen.  Since gaming would be the main focus on this TV I was looking at LED's or Plasma TV's.  Plasma was cheaper but after reading a ton LED is safer for burn in images.

Settled on this Samsung TV after doing several weeks of research on TV's.  LED was the final choice of TV but I had to settle for less perks with the set.  2 HDMI ports is not enough for a TV in this era of tech.  3 or 4 should be minimum.  Since I will not hook the internet up to this TV and it will be used mostly for gaming 2 HDMI ports will be fine for now.  The gaming system I have can be used to stream movies through so spending $300 less to have that feature was worth it to me.

Full HD 1080P with a 240 refresh rate at 120hz.  LED enhances LCD tech by making blacks darker and stabilizing the picture of the TV.  Samsung is a leader in LED tech and that is part of the reason I bought this set.  3.7 inches thick this set is not thin by most TV standards with LED.  1.5 to 2 inches is what most consumers expect from a higher end LED TV.  I had no plans to wall mount this set, so having it sit on a stand does not bother me with it taking up almost 2 more inches.

Samsung claims the resoultion is double that of a standard HD TV and comparing the picture image to my older LCD TV I believe it.  HD on this set is amazing and watching a video game is great.  Details I have never seen before appeared before my eyes.  Gaming lag was noticeable before the gaming mode was turned on.  Once turned on the set did a lot better job but was still lagging when compared to the old analog set that used to be on the gaming console.

Motion looked great on the set and blur was not noticed.  Samsung seems to have mastered this issue with TV's of this sort and I could not see a difference between the plasma sets I looked at and this LED.  The room we play games in is mostly dark but it was nice to be able to open curtains and not have glare on the set.  If I had gone Plasma I could not have done that.

This TV does not have a composite input and because of this I had to move my Wii system to another TV.  So, if you have any old school devices, forget being able to use them on this TV.  Also, only one source for a cable.  So, if you want to connect an OTA antennae and a cable forget it.  So now I am thinking of upgrading my satelite in order to get HD on the set.  The component hook up and HDMI hook ups are suitable for my needs, but there should be more.

Audio on TV's usually gets hammered in reviews, but this set has decent sound.  By no means is it theater quality, but for general TV viewing and gaming, it is quite good.  A surround sound system or sound bar will be added in the future to help the gaming experience but for now I am content with what I have.

60 pounds is the total weight but two persons should handle it if the TV needs to be moved because of it's size.  Pre-set picture selections are Dynamic, Standard, Movie, & Sports.  Standard worked best with the backlight being corrected up a few notches.  It is never good to run the backlight and brightness on maximum because it shortens the life of the TV, but this model looks best with both near the max.  I set them slightly lower which still looks good, but for it to look its best on the max is what is needed.

After a weekend of use this set looks like it will be just what I needed.

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A BRAND NEW IN BOX Samsung UN60EH6000 60-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV .UN60EH6000 Features:60 screen (measured diagonally)matte screen...