-24%

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Black (8 GB) Digital Media Player

2 consumer reviews

+$4.18 shipping Walmart.com
Free Shipping Walmart.com

Incredible little music player!

Aug 29, 2011 (Updated Aug 29, 2011)

Pros:Durable, easy to use, lightweight, inexpensive, stylish

Cons:No external memory slot expansion, only charges via USB slot

The Bottom Line: The music player of choice for portability!

Let me tell you, the SanDisk Clip 8gb Mp3 Player is just about as durable, compact, and portable music player you can get. I ordered this little player (and I do mean little: it is about an inch and a half long and less than a half an inch thick) off of eBay in 2009 and still use it to this day.

The player connects to your computer through USB cable (which does come with it) and has a rechargeable built-in battery! As far as battery life, I get about 10-15 hours of play on it. You charge it through your computer's USB port, which is kind of inconvenient because you have to have the computer turned on for it to charge. There is no wall charger available, however you can get a portable USB outlet adapter. With that, you can plug in the SanDisk player into the adapter's USB port and plug it into the wall to charge it. There is a lot of battery life on this player because it is so small.

This model does not allow for external memory card expansion. That is, in my opinion, the biggest drawback because 8gb (though a lot) is not going to be enough for avid music collectors. I am able to fit about 20 albums on it so an external memory card slot would have been wonderful.

The SanDisk player is extremely durable. I live up in the Northeast so we have our share of extreme and crazy weather, but this player has never failed me. It has a mini display screen on it that is bright (you can adjust the brightness as well) but is only in one color with a black background so it does not suck up a lot of power (hence the long battery life), but I found the display easy to navigate and easy to read.

The sound on this player is incredible and full. There is a built-in equalizer to adjust the sound to fit your taste (for example, you can set it to Rock if you want more bass and drums to come through). In my car, this player sounds just as good as an iPod or a Creative player. Seriously. It is big, full and not scratchy. No problems there.

Adding songs and albums to the player is very simple. When you plug in the player, it shows up as an external hard drive on your computer. Just access the Music folder and simply drag individual Mp3s or folders (albums) over to it and you are all set! You do not need iTunes or any other music playing software to sync up the device or anything. It really is simple!

All in all, the SanDisk Clip 8gb MP3 Player is a great player choice for people who want portability, reliability, and durability. It is relatively inexpensive (this model runs for about $50 at any electronics/computer store) and for the amount of time you will get out of it, it is worth it. It is a great choice for an exercise music player because it is very lightweight and durable.