-18%
Sauder Shoal Creek Full/Queen Bookcase Headboard, Soft White (042666107938) Reviews

Sauder Shoal Creek Full/Queen Bookcase Headboard, Soft White (042666107938)

Free Shipping Sears
Free Shipping Walmart.com
+$55.00 shipping Home Depot

I have always dreamed of having a beautiful Headboard. My dream has come true!

Feb 3, 2013

Pros:This Headboard is not only pretty to look at, it is practical, and well designed.

Cons:It might have been better made of wood, instead of particle board.

The Bottom Line: Despite the partical board breaking, it was able to be fixed, and it is just as sturdy as it can be. I want no other headboard!

I've always had the standard metal frame with a mattress and box spring for my bed.  It is practical, and works in any room style, but I have always wanted a pretty head board for my bed, in white, with drawers and/or cubbies.
A month ago, shopping Wal-Mart.com, I saw the headboard of my dreams!  Sauder Shoal Creek Full/Queen Bookcase Headboard It was on sale; $129.00, I ordered it.   It came in a big heavy box, with directions for an “easy assembly”.  Fortunately my neighbor is a handy carpenter, and is always up for my projects.

In an afternoon, it was finished, with a few glitches:

1.  It is made of particle board.

2.  One leg of the headboard snapped in two.

3.  Fortunately, my neighbor being handy with such things, was able to put it back together, with some wood glue and brace, in such a way that it doesn’t show, and is plenty sturdy for my needs.

4.  He brought it over and set it up, securing it to my metal bed frame, and it is very sturdy, and so beautiful.

Now let me tell you about the features, I love so much:

1.  Of course it is white, actually called ‘soft white’.

2.  Its design is a book case with a cubby on both sides, and an enclosed shelf across the middle. The shelves are quite deep and roomy.  At the bottom each cubby is a roomy drawer, with a nice single brushed metal drawer pull.  It takes no effort to smoothly open and close my two drawers.

3.  The ‘leg’ of the headboard is gracefully designed, more like a skirt from floor to top of the drawer, at which point takes a 40 degree angle,  making it so easy to look at.

4.  Including the shelf across the top, there are actually four separate book shelf spaces, with the two drawers, it is so roomy.  Really with Sauder Shoal Creek Full/Queen Bookcase Headboard, there is no need for a bedside table.

5.  On the very top shelf I have a touch lamp, and my CD/radio/alarm clock.  So far I haven’t put anything else up there.   On the inside shelf behind my head, I have a box of tissues, and a box, with my CDs.  In my drawer, my lip balm, nail clippers, nail file, hand cream, a pad of paper and pen, as well as a book.

My Conclusion:

Despite the glitch in the beginning; my dream has come true.  In fact,   I even found a pretty bronze colored metal sign that says “DREAM” written with the illusion of leaves and twigs.  It is so pretty and makes my bedroom complete.
I am a ‘texture’ person, if something ‘feels’ rough or something I don’t like it. That being said, my Headboard feels so soft and smooth, which is very soothing to me!
Thanks for reading and rating,
Lean and Mean at 489.
Big Smiles,
sara

Country roots and contemporary soul, and a warm soft white finish

Create additional storage space in a small room by installing multi-function furniture like the Sauder Shoal Creek Full/Queen Bed Bookcase Headboard. ...
Shop for Furniture at The Home Depot. The Shoal Creek Bookcase Headboard is designed to attach to either a full or queen size bed frame. It's casual a...
Home Depot
Attaches to full or queen size bed frames Display area for alarm clock and books Two small storage drawers Enclosed back panel has cord access