I love Scrubbing Bubbles, But Not in love with One Step system, Toilet Bowl Cleaner!

Jul 24, 2012

Pros:I loved the job that the Scrubbing Bubbles Refill did for cleaning and the scent.

Cons:I had to manually, aim the action sprayer to use the product.

The Bottom Line: If I could just have the Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner REFILL, Fresh Mountain Morning to manually spray under the rim of the toilet bowl, I'd be happy!

As a Disclaimer, This review is about the Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner "Refill", Fresh Mountain Morning, 18 oz., However, that Refill can, came as part of the "One Step System", which wouldn't work properly, in order for me to use the Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Refill, Fresh Mountain Morning, 18 oz., correctly.

This review, is to discuss what I had to do, in order to ultimately use the Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Refill, Fresh Mountain Morning, 18 oz

Disappointed so badly, was how I felt, when I tried Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Refill, Fresh Mountain Morning, system.

Don't get me wrong, Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowel Cleaner Refill, Fresh Mountain Morning, 18 oz, is a fine cleaner in itself.

The action sprayer that that is designed to fold over the rim of the toilet, and attach by suction cups to the inside bowl under the rim.  This action sprayer is attached to a skinny hose approximately 3 feet long, leading from the dispenser, for the Scrubbing Bubbles one Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Refill, Fresh Mountain Morning, 18 oz.

You are to push the action sprayer down, securely to sit under the rim of the toilet bowl, and aim the action sprayer at the correct angle, to direct the sprayer to go "only" under the rim, and into the toilet bowl.  (I could not maneuver the action sprayer to aim properly!) (Although at first, I didn't realize that I didn't have it correct.), (You will see as you read further what was, in fact, happening.)

This is what disappointed me: (Instead it was spraying 1/2 of the spray, under the rim of the toilet, as it is designed to do, and the other 1/2 of the spray just went spurting out over the bowls edge onto the side of the sink
cabinet, and onto the floor.) (This was not immediately noticeable.)

The dispenser holds the Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Refill, Fresh Mountain Morning, 18 ounce.  There is a plain white sleeve that slides over the Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Refill, Fresh Mountain Morning, 18 oz., and there is a little foot pedal  at the base of the One Step dispenser.

The plan is that every time you use the toilet, ideally, for you to step on the little foot pedal for 1 second, which dispenses the Scrubbing Bubbles through the little hose, up and just under the rim of your toilet.

You must perform this action and then flush, so the combination of the Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Refill,  and the flushing of the water, cleans the bowl each time.  This action is designed to  leave your toilet sparkling clean for the next person.

Actually, I followed all the directions to a Tee, but no matter how I tried to adjust the action sprayer under the rim of the toilet bowl, I could not get it to, just spray under the rim of the toilet bowl as it should have done.

(However, at times, I thought I had it correctly aimed.   It was not clearly evident that it was spraying over, due to the white cabinet, white floor and white toilet bowl.)

Instead I would have spray going under the rim of the toilet bowl, and up over the rim, all over the bathroom sink cabinet which is right next to the toilet.  Then it would run down the side of the sink cabinet and be all over the floor.

(However, on the can it clearly states), USE ONLY INSIDE THE TOILET BOWL

(Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind cleaning my bathroom, I love a clean bathroom.  But I do mind having to clean my bathroom, every time someone goes in and uses the bathroom.) ( Not to mention that this could be damaging my floors, and cabinet.)

How easy was this to work?
Well, stepping on the foot pedal, which engaged the action sprayer to spray out at such a span as to cover the whole underneath of the toilet bowl rim, and flushing, is easy enough.

But soon, afterwards, I would have to go and get a clean, cleaning cloth, and bend down and wipe down the bathroom sink cabinet and wipe up the bathroom floor all around the toilet. (When I finally realized that was what was happening.)

(Actually at first, I didn't notice the spray going all over, because my sink cabinet is white, and my floor is white.)

(All total, I probably fiddled with the action sprayer for approximately a week.) (These were different times during that week, I also had my husband try and get it 'seated correctly')

(We would think we had it working properly, throughout the week, at different times, because it was hard to see where it sprayed.)

(Even my neighbor, looked at it, to see if she could figure out why it wouldn't 'aim completely' into the toilet bowl, under the rim, as designed to.)

(This was a spare bathroom, so it didn't get all the traffic from the home, only when family or friends, would come to visit.)

(That is the other reason it took me a longer time to realize this wasn't working properly!)

(Since the Spray is designed to ONLY BE USED INSIDE THE TOILET RIM, I was worried that the spray could damage my floors, and the sink cabinet, and ultimately my carpet, if it were tracked further into the living room.)

I Did NOT see any damage to my floors or the cabinets, after the few times it was sprayed out of the toilet, until I realized it wasn't going to work correctly.  It was then, that I took the action sprayer out of my toilet bowl, and decided to use it manually! (As you will see further down in this review!)

The other problem I found during this week or so, was that when my grandson, who is 5 years old would use the toilet.   His aim is such that the action sprayer, "got sprayed" each time, by my grandson, as well.  (This was found by accident, as well.) (Because it didn't dawn on me to check for that, until I noticed it, when trying to adjust the action sprayer.)

So, consequently, not only did I have to go in and physically clean up the bathroom cabinet and the bathroom floor, but also, I would have to take apart the action sprayer, and clean that in the bathroom sink. (again, worrying about damage to the floors and cabinet.)

What was my solution, that made me very happy with Scrubbing Bubbles One Step toilet Bowl Cleaner Refill, Fresh Mountain Morning?

Considering that I had two cans of the Scrubbing Bubbles One Step toilet Bowl Cleaner Refills, Fresh Mountain Morning, 18 oz, I was definitely not going to let them go to waste.

I have learned, over the years of being a wife, mother, and now a grand mother, you have to be 'smarter than the average bear'! (Big Problem Solved Smiles!)

As a rule I clean my bathroom, thoroughly, once a week.  During the week, I would wipe up and swish the toilet bowl as needed.  At times that could be one or two times a day, because of my grand children.

I took the action sprayer system out of  my toilet bowl.  I cleaned it all up. and I hung the action sprayer over a rung in the metal towel rack I have behind the toilet.

The whole system, with the plain white sleeve over the can of Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Refill, Fresh Mountain Morning, 18 Ounce, I left all connected to the action sprayer,  hidden behind the shower curtain in the corner behind the toilet and beside the tub.

Periodically, I would go into my bathroom, in order to 'freshen it up', after the grand kids had been in using the facilities.

I would simply take down the action sprayer, which is all attached to the dispenser, and aim it, manually, into the toilet bowl, under the rim,  and step on the dispenser foot pedal, for the 1 second, as was recommended.  This way I had complete control of exactly where the action sprayer was going to spray.

Problem solved:
After manually aiming where I needed the action sprayer to go inside my toilet bowl, I would wait a minute while the spray ran down into the toilet bowl, coating the sides of the bowl, and then I would flush.

Results?  A sparkling clean toilet bowl.

By using the Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Refill, Fresh Mountain Morning, 18 oz, I am able to use up all the product, and not be wasting any product.

I went on the Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet bowl Cleaner website, and there is a form I could have sent in for a complete refund of the system, if I was not completely satisfied.

However, in order to take advantage of that money back guarantee, I needed to fill in the USB number from the original box, also needed to include a receipt of purchase where I got the Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet bowl Cleaner.

Neither of those two items are in my possession any more, as when I took the One Step System out of the box and set it up, I threw away the box, and I also through away the sales receipt.

Had I known about the money back guarantee, I would have saved both items.  However, I am happy because I am able to use up all the product in the manner for which I just shared with you.

Now, Please let me tell you that I love, Scrubbing Bubbles products, as a rule.  I also love this Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Refill, Fresh Mountain Morning, 18 oz., It is just the action sprayer devise  that is designed to be used with the Scrubbing Bubbles product, that I don't care for.

I even really love the Fresh Mountain Morning, scent, it smells just like it's name, as far as I am concerned.

Scrubbing Bubbles, is brought to us from  SCJohnson, a Family Company.

I have for the most part always liked most things, including the Scrubbing Bubbles products, from SCJohnson, a Family Company.

Let me list the directions and information that are listed on the Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowel Cleaner Refill, Fresh Mountain Morning, 18 oz. can:

The following information is on the front of the can:

*Powerful Cleaner Tackles Toilet Rings & Limescale!  NEW

(Pictures of Scrubbing Bubbles the animated three brushes!)
(This is a Green, Blue, Navy, and teal, can with white, yellow, and black writing.)

*This Refill Lasts for up to 30 Days, 'when used as directed.'
*This Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Refill, has a wonderful Fresh Mountain Morning Scent! and contains 18 ounces.(1lb. 2 oz) 510g.
*Caution: Contents Under Pressure

The following information is on the back of the can:

*'Step away from Toilet Duty' is at the top of the can as the Slogan.
Directly under the Slogan is:
Before you begin:
*Use only inside the toilet bowl
*Make sure action sprayer is attached correctly to the inside rim of the toilet bowl
*Use only the aerosol provided with the One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner system.

Directions for use: (above the following directions are diagrams showing you what they mean.

1.  Remove white sleeve and then remove can by squeezing clips and pulling up.
2.  Insert new can until you hear a click and place white sleeve over can.
3.  Step on foot pedal for 1 second to dispense.  Use 2 times a day.

Directly under these directions is the following signature:

A Family Company since 1886 then the signature: Tim Johnson

Directly under this is the following information:

Safe for Septic Systems
CAUTION: CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE.  DO NOT PUNCTURE OR INCINERATE CONTAINER.  DO NOT EXPOSE TO HEAT OR STORE AT TEMPERATURES ABOVE 120 DEGREES F
FIRST AID: EYES & SKIN: IF EYE OR SKIN CONTACT OCCURS RINSE WITH PLENTY OF WATER. mAY BE IRRITATING TO SENSITIVE SKIN.  iF IRRITATION PERSISTS,
GET MEDICAL ATTENTION.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS.

Below this is the following seals of approval:
Inside a blue circle are the words:
Contains NO CFC's or other OZONE
Depleting Substances.

Beside that seal the following words:
Federal regulations prohibit CFC propellants in aerosol.

Beside those words is another seal of approval: which is a triangle of arrows, in the middle the word STEEL
Beside that triangle are the words:
You can recycle this steel container, when empty, in an increasing number of communities.

Below all that is this information:
Need Recycling Information?
Questions? Comments?        www.scrubbingbubbles.com
Call 800-558-5252 or write Helen Johnson
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc., Racine, WI 53403-2236 U.S.A.
All rights reserved    DOT-2P M5702 DOTSP-14887 756693

Then a USB Code 0 25700 70613 7

In Conclusion:
The Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Refill, Fresh Mountain Morning, 18oz
, is a good cleaner.  It smells really fresh, and I would use it all the time, if it could be used independently of the dispensing system.

But with the dispensing system, it is just not working well for me.  Maybe it is just me, although I had other's try and adjust it to work properly, as well.  They, also, had no luck getting it right.

The reason I wanted the Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Refill, Fresh Mountain Morning, in the first place, was to eliminate the build up of Lime and toilet rings from the hard water, from under the rim of the toilet bowl.

The Scrubbing Bubbles
would solve that problem, but needs a different type of application, in my opinion.

So I would recommend the Toilet Bowl Cleaner, just not the dispensing system as it stands now.  Which is why I gave it only a 3 star rating.

Thank you so much for reading, rating and commenting if you would like, I always welcome comments.

If you see someone without a smile, could you please give them one of yours!

Here is a Big Smile For YOU!
sara

Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner

Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner

NEW in Box! Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Fresh Mountain Morning Scent Includes 1 device and 1 cartridge Cartridge lasts up to 30 day...

Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Cleaner Sparkling Spring Refill 18 Oz 3 Cans

Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Cleaner Sparkling Spring Refill 18 Oz 3 Cans

Obdiva Store Your browser does not support JavaScript. To view this page, enable JavaScript if it is disabled or upgrade your browser. Click Here. Dou...

Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Cleaner Sparkling Spring Refills 3 -18 Oz Cans

Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Cleaner Sparkling Spring Refills 3 - 18 Oz Cans Sparkling Spring New Free Shipping

3 Sparkling Spring 18 Oz. Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Refills

SCRUBBING BUBBLES ONE STEP REFILL SPARKLING SPRING YOU GET 3 NEW 18 OZ. REFILL CANS JUST LIKE THE ONE SHOWN 3 refills for Scrubbing Bubbles One Step T...

6 Set Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic One Step Spray Toilet Bowl Cleaner Refill Kit

6 Set Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic One Step Spray Toilet Bowl Cleaner Refill Kit

Brand New 6 PCS Refill Kit / Set!!!JOHNSON SCRUBBING BUBBLES AUTOMATIC ONE STEP SPRAY TOILET BOWL CLEANER KIT 6 pcs - REFILLS FRESH MOUNTAIN MORNING o...

3p Set Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic One Step Toilet Bowl Spray Cleaner Refill Kit

Brand New 3 PCS Kit / Set!!!JOHNSON SCRUBBING BUBBLES AUTOMATIC ONE STEP SPRAY TOILET BOWL CLEANER KIT 3 pcs - REFILLS FRESH MOUNTAIN MORNING or SPARK...

Lot Of 6 Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Refill 18oz

Lot Of 6 Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Refill 18oz

Lot of 6 new Scrubbing Bubbles 18oz.One step refill fresh mountain morning scent FREE SHIPPING!!!

Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaning Gel, Fresh

Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaning Gel, Fresh

Hygienic Toilet CleanersLeave Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaning Gel, Fresh Scent in your toilet bowl and forget about it - it works round the clock. T...
Soap.com

Scrubbing Bubbles Fresh Clean Gel Discs Toilet Cleaning Gel

Scrubbing Bubbles Fresh Clean Gel Discs Toilet Cleaning Gel

The Scrubbing Bubbles Fresh Clean Gel Discs Toilet Cleaning Gel is a more hygienic alternative to normal bowl bricks. It cleans with each flush. Scrub...

97 Scrubbing Bubbles Power Toilet Bowl Scrubber Set