Sennheiser HD 202 Headband Headphones - Black Reviews

Sennheiser HD 202 Headband Headphones - Black

Disappointing

Oct 16, 2006
Rated Show

Pros:decent build quality, good bass response

Cons:VERY uncomfortable, especially if you have a big head. too much bass, not enough highs

I got these based on all the glowing reviews I read, but what I got was less than expected. First off, I have a big head and small ears - for my head, they were VERY uncomfotable. They exert way too much pressure on the head and the ear cups are not big enough to envelop the ear, but rather press on it (double bad for me cause I wear glasses too). However, more importantly, the sound quality has a very boomy dull quality to it. There seems to be quite a peak in the bass and not enough highs.. it sounds like the response has a downward sloping curve to its response. This would probabl work well for rap and some pop, but on other types of music and movies the bass simply drowns out the rest of the frequencies. To be fair, these are fairly inexpensive and the sound OK. I just think many tinny KSC75 koss, and various in-ear things sound better even though they cant reproduce bass as nicely.

Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones (Black) Product Details Product Dimensions: 8 x 3 x 9.4 inches ; 12 ounces Shipping Weight: 13.4 ounces S...