Sennheiser HD 25 SP Headband Headphones - Black Reviews

Sennheiser HD 25 SP Headband Headphones - Black

Sennheiser HD 25SP bought from Headroom,Used primarily for home DJ use.

Mar 20, 2005

Pros:light weight, tough, bass heavy*

Cons:some people dont like the y cable, bass heavy*

The Bottom Line: Couldnt of found better headphones for my needs in this price range.

Bought these headphones because my Pioneer HDJ-1000 broke down(right phone went out..played on MONO for a while and left went out soon after...no help from guitar center....thanks guys pffflllttt) on me a month after I bought them. Ive owned the Sony MDR-V700s for about four years and decided that I wanted to move away from the traditional DJ headphone. So after seaching the web for a while, reading reviews, I decided on the Sennheiser HD 25SP for $99 at headroom(which came out to $96 with shipping ...dont know how that worked but i like it). I looked alot at the $200 HD 25 but decided that it wanst enough to sell me on the higher price (better frequency response,single cable, split headband).

So I got them pretty quick, opened the box and put them on and the first thing I noticed was that they were very light, at first I thought I had nothing on my head ...sooo comfortable..well as far as my other DJ headphones. I remember thinking that this lightness made them kind of flimsy...so wrong the materials used are very strong, such a step up from the Sonys which I thought were super resiliant. Another thing I love about them is the minimal look ...well at least to me they first looked like cheapos. Their smaller and not flashy at all ...just what I wanted. The Y cable comin off these things I think is kind of classy(most will not agree) it just adds to the minimal design which I like so much. Contrary to other reveiws the cable has never gotten twisted on me ...the earpieces will rotate 360 so it is possible for them to get really badly twisted ...but I am just mindfull of thier position(alhough I havent brought them out to a gig yet).

The sound is really good too, frequencys leaning toward the bass side of things, but thats great for me because I use the kick drum to beatmatch. With an 85 Ohms of Impedence(24 Ohms for my Sony), I found that the sound was a little lacking on my iriver ihp-120 ...but then again I might have some hearing damage, so I would recomend an amp if you are using these for computer or portable listening because of the pueny outputs on such devices. Lucky my mixer has alot of juice to power the guys...these phones sound great running through it.

I think that you cant buy a better set of headphones than the Sennheiser HD 25SP in the $100 price range(durable,sound great,very lightweight). I would also recomend headroom. I really like thier website and there prices are very reasonable (I think im going to get a portable amp from them next). I hope this review helps someone as other reviews on this site helped me.

Feature: Brand Name : Sennheiser Model : 075527 If you have any complaint plz contact through email on sales@edealszone.com
Feature: Brand Name : Sennheiser Model : 075527