Sennheiser HD 280 PRO Headband Headphones - Silver Reviews

Sennheiser HD 280 PRO Headband Headphones - Silver

Great sound, but less than stellar construction

Nov 2, 2007
Rated Show

Pros:Outstanding sound quality and ambient noise dampening abilities.

Cons:Very poor headband construction, plastic disintegrated, currently held together with electrical tape.

First off, I must say that I love the sound quality of these headphones. The external dampening of ambient noise is very good and its ability to minimize sound transmission to anyone around you is also very good. The dynamic range of the sound reproduction is also very good. Unfortunately, the headset construction is not as good as the audio quality. The plastic on the headband construction disintegrated after about a year, however I am still listening to them with the headband held together with electrical tape. Not exactly what i imagined when you consider the overall package.
I spent most of my review time with the headphones analytically. Focusing primarily on a frequency response / sensitivity / weight / price point variables before settling on the HD280. Even with the headphone being held together with tape, please notice that I'm still listening to them... The sound quality is that good... Just wish they took the time to make a better headband.

The RME Babyface audio recorder makes an excellent audio interface which is powered by bus and features the advanced 192kHz AD and DA converters. This...