Sennheiser RS 120 Headband Wireless Headphones - Black Reviews

Sennheiser RS 120 Headband Wireless Headphones - Black

Free Shipping eBay Deals

All Hail Cordless Freedom

Jan 8, 2008

Pros:Light weight; great aural frequency response; quality sound reproduction; easy set-up.

Cons:Some RF interference from other accessories on my desktop.

The Bottom Line: If you are in need of quality wireless headphones you could do a lot worse than the Sennheiser RS-120.

As I stated in my Logitech MX3200 Cordless Desktop review, I dislike clutter. And my desk at work is configured such that the keyboard, mouse and headphone cords run across the desktop and not only create an eyesore, but also get in the way of work. So I had to find a solution. I decided to go wireless; i.e. wireless keyboard, mouse and headphones. The first device I purchased was the aforementioned Logitech Cordless Desktop MX-3200, which mates a wireless keyboard with a wireless MX-600 laser mouse. The second purchase was a set of Sennheiser RS-120 Wireless (stereo) Headphones.
The Product

In the box:

o Sennheiser RS-120 Cordless Headphones
o Base (transceiver) Unit
o Quick Install Guide
o (2) Rechargeable batteries for Headphones

The Sennheiser RS-120 Wireless Headphones are designed for use with Hi-Fi audio, television, or computer. The open air RF (radio Frequency) German-made headphones are designed to provide a rich palate of aural sound (frequency response rated at 22Hz - 19500Hz) through walls as well as ceilings allowing one to roam throughout the house while listening to your tunes.

Power to the headphones is provided by a set of NiMH (size AAA) batteries. These batteries are in turn recharged by putting the headphones on their transmitter base; said base can be mounted to a wall. The entire system—transmitter base and headphones weigh in at just 8.1 ounces, but the headphones are rather large; large but comfortable.

The transmitter can be set to three different channels, while a rotary dial is provided on the headphone to fine tune the pair. An on/off switch and volume control can also be found on the headphones.

Set-up & Use

I bought the Sennheiser RS-120 Wireless Headphones to use on my computer at work to replace my bulky speakers, but I tested the unit at home first on my home stereo system. It took me less than five minute to set the system up. The transmitter base is fitted with two LED’s: a yellow On/Off and red Charge lights. Once the transmitter and plugged into an audio source and detects current the On/Off LED will illuminate. Once I installed the batteries in the headphones I was ready for wireless listening.

In and around my house the sound quality from the Sennheiser RS-120 was outstanding! I was able to roam throughout the house without experiencing and signal degradation or interference. Frequency response was suburb, and the overall sound was crisp and enjoyable. It helps that there is no frequency overlap in my house; i.e. my cordless phone operate at 5.8GHz and my wireless LAN operates at 2.4GHz. The Sennheiser RS-120 operate on a radio frequency of 926MHz

Work is a different story altogether. The Sennheiser RS-120’s still work for the most part but there is some interference from my other wireless accessories, including my cordless keyboard and mouse and cordless Plantronics headset. I am able to change the channel and fine tune the frequency when needed however, and for the most part I am able to listen to music and or radio interference free.

The range inside my standard office building setting is outstanding through doors and walls. I can roam a considerable distance before static degrades the signal; very impressive.

Conclusion

I like my new Sennheiser RS-120 Wireless Headphones, so much so that I am planning on purchasing a set for my home stereo. Yes, there is some interference in my work setting with other devices, but I expected that and systems ability to allow for fine tuning is a definite plus. If you are in need of quality wireless headphones you could do a lot worse than the Sennheiser RS-120.

Designed for use with Sennheiser's RS 120 Wireless Headphones System, the Sennheiser HDR 120 - Expansion Wireless RF Headphones are a supplementary or...
SRRS120 800-617-4686 Add BuyDig store to favorites Sennheiser RS 120 Open Aire Wireless RF Headphones w/ Charging Stand and SRS Surround Catalog #: SR...
eBay Deals

Sennheiser HDR120 Supplemental HiFi Wireless Headphone for RS-120 System Special Shipping Promotion!Upgrade to 2-Day Air for just $5.99! Description S...
SRRS120 About BeachCamera Our Awards Photography Digital Imaging Video Printers Computers Audio Television Home Garden Add beachcamera store to favori...
Brand new and factory sealed. By purchasing this item, you agree to and have read all terms, shipping terms and return policies in the listing. Please...
Supra Aural/ Wireless RF Headphone System/ Range Of Up To 100 Meters/ Three Selectable RF Channels/ Transmitter With Metal Cradle
Abt Electronics
Sennheiser RS120 Wireless RF Headphones with FiiO D03K (D3) Optical Audio Connection Kit - The RS 120 is a lightweight RF wireless headphone system wi...