-37%
Shop Vac 586-61-00 Wet/Dry Cleaner Reviews

Shop Vac 586-61-00 Wet/Dry Cleaner

Free Shipping Walmart.com

A Wonderful Machine That Sucks!

Sep 29, 2011 (Updated Sep 30, 2011)

Pros:I paid just under $80.00 for my little jewel, worth every penny.

Cons:I only wish I had a larger garage to justify buying a second Shop Vac.

The Bottom Line:

Overall I would highly recommend this vacuum, it's a great investment for your home.

I recently bought this machine to help me overcome a botched woodworking project where I ended up with more sawdust than finished product. I was so pleased with its performance that I had to tell someone!

This review for the Shop Vac 586-61-00 Canister Wet/Dry Vacuum is the first one written. I can only guess that it is because the other owners are too busy enjoying their vacuums to write in.

EASE OF SETUP

Shop Vac made the setup very easy. You take the machine out of the box, attach the legs, the bag, and the hose and away you go.

DURABILITY

The vacuum body is made from Stainless Steel. Which is stronger than steel, and its finish is so reflective that you can use it to shave with after your cleanup. It also comes with a bumper to bumper 3 year warranty, which is better than the one I have for my car!

DESIGN

This machine was designed to be extremely stable as it follows behind you while you are vacuuming. The 12 foot cord gives you enough room to take the machine just about anywhere. It also can use a ‘dry' bag to hold your waste, or simply use the canister itself to hold what you're vacuuming.

PERFORMANCE

I was very impressed by the powerful 5.5 hp motor, this vacuum actually has more hp than my lawnmower! It easily sucked up all of my sawdust mess, and by reversing the air movement, getting it to blow instead of suck, I'll be able to use it as a leaf blower this fall. I have not had the opportunity to use this vacuum's wet capability yet, but am eagerly anticipating the opportunity to do so.

ATTACHMENTS

This vacuum also comes with a 7' hose, three 14" wand extensions that can connect together for a 40 inch reach, and 3 nozzles. These nozzles vary in shape, one is called a 'crevice' nozzle, it is long and narrow to get into those hard to reach places, one is a 10" wet/dry nozzle, wide and flat to maximize the surface area you're vacuuming, and the last is a called a 'gulper' nozzle when you just want to cover a smaller area. It also comes with a cartridge filter and vacuum bag for sucking up very fine particulates.

OOK1192: Features: -Wet / Dry vacuum.-Stainless steel tank.-Side and top carry handles.-1.25'' accessory assortment for wet or dry pick up.-12' Power ...
The Shop Vac Stainless Steel 8 Gallon makes cleaning a breeze. The vacuum cleaner comes with accessories including a friction fit hose, three extensio...
OOK1192: Features: -Wet / Dry vacuum.-Stainless steel tank.-Side and top carry handles.-1.25 accessory assortment for wet or dry pick up.-12 Power cor...

Shop-Vac 8 Gallon 5.5 peak HP Stainless Steel Wet/Dry Vac. Comes with versatile accessory assortment that includes 7' x 1 1/4 Friction Fit Hose, 3 1 1...
Shop-Vac 5866100 8-Gallon 5.5-Peak HP Stainless Steel Wet/Dry Vacuum