SodaStream Cola Sodamix Reviews

SodaStream Cola Sodamix

+$9.95 shipping Office Depot
Free Shipping Target
+$8.00 shipping JCPenney

This Cola Free Drink Will Make Your Diet Days Go A Lot Faster.

Mar 6, 2012

Pros:Cost and environmentally sound.

Cons:You still have to dispose of the plastic containers.

The Bottom Line: The flavor is great as long as you mix it properly and to bad there is a two year expiration date on the pressurized container.

Soda Stream Cola Free is naturally flavored and you will love it just like we do. This product can turn regular tap water into soda at a minimal of price in less than 30 seconds. If you want to help save your budget and the environment at the same time, then purchase the new "Soda Stream" soda maker. We found ours at Meijer's for only $79.99 and you can purchase any flavor for only $4.99 for 50 servings. So, what better way to do that and save money, than with a Soda Stream machine and whatever flavor that you like.

Description
This product’s container is made totally of plastic, this comes in a black white container with a black cap that allows you to measure the correct amount into the carbonated water. The Soda Stream machine has several flavors and one of them is this Cola free drink, and when it is mixed with carbonated water will make a pop flavor to your liking. The canister that screws into the back and the machine will put carbonation in the water. Since the plastic bottles that will hold the pop are pressurized, they have an expiration date stamped on the side towards the bottom. The reason for this date is that since the bottle has to go under pressure, the government has made it mandatory that you replace this bottle after so many uses and two years of uses, for safety reasons. This soda maker has over 30 different flavors to choose from, and this includes energy, diet, caffeine, and regular syrup mixes.

Benefits
If you are wondering about the benefits of this product, you will save money and space on your shelf and you will also save space in the landfills. Just the cans alone will help save in you having to smash them up and take them to the recycling center. This also will help because it takes no power or batteries to operate. So, you may have to spend a little in the beginning, but in the long run you will be helping the environment stay clean and your  wallet stay full.

Flavors
If you are wondering how many flavors this has, well I can tell you that you will never be able to taste them all. Each retailer has an assorted different kind and they all will differ in price. These include: Sparkling Naturals (Apple Mango, Black Currant and Pear, Cola, Naturally Sweetened Cola, Ginger Ale, Green Tea, Lemon Lime, Orange Pineapple, Pink Grapefruit, and Root Beer), Water Flavor Essences (Lemon Lime, Orange, Raspberry, Mint), Energy Drinks (Red Bull Type, Diet Red Bull Type), Diet Flavors (Caffeine free Cola, Diet Cola, Cola Free, Diet Cranberry  Raspberry, Diet Cream Soda, Diet Fountain Mist, Diet Ginger Ale, Diet Lemon Lime, Diet Orange, Diet Dr. Pete, Diet Pink Grapefruit, Diet Root Beer, Diet Tonic, Diet Lemonade, Diet Lemon Iced Tea, Diet Peach Iced Tea), and the regular flavors are (Cola, Cherry Cola, Cranberry Raspberry, Cream Soda, Fountain Mist, Ginger Ale, Lemon Lime, Orange, Dr. Pete, Root Beer, Tonic, Grape, Orange Mango, Lemon Iced Tea, Lemonade, and Peach Iced Tea).

Nutritional and Ingredients
I have found that if you are going to drink the diet flavors such as this diet cola free flavored,. You will get 50 servings per container for only five dollars for a 500 (ml) container. This has 0 calories per serving with 0g of total fat and 30mg of sodium, and 0g of total carbohydrates, and 0g of sugar, and 0g of protein, these diet flavors are also low in sodium and caffeine. For the most part this drink maker will be a healthy alternative and also tastes just as great as the store bought products.

The ingredients in this particular flavor is water, caramel coloring, phosphoric acid, citric acid, sodium citrate, natural flavor, sucralose, splenda, acesulfame potassium, caffeine, sodium benzoate, and sulfites.

Experience
If you like the taste of a cola drink and want to save the environment and money from coming out of your wallet this cola free drink is just what the doctor ordered. This of course does not taste as good as the one that has all of that added sugar in it but it will save you from going off of your diet. After a few tries it started to taste just like store bought pop. The first thing that we were doing wrong was that we were adding the flavoring to the water before we screwed it up to machine to add the carbonation to the water. If you do this you will find out that the flavor will not be as strong if you carbonate the flavor and water together. You have to do the water alone then add the flavoring.

The next thing that we were doing wrong is not hold down the carbonation lever long enough. I called the company and they will walk you right through it. You need to hold the carbonation button down until you hear a buzzing type noise, and you will need to do this three separate times. When we did this we noticed a definite difference in the carbonation and when we added the flavor afterwards they told us to swish the bottle back and forth a couple of times and this should be enough to mix the flavoring up in the carbonated water.

When we did this properly, we noticed three times as much fizz and bubbles in the water. When we added the flavoring when we were supposed to, you could taste a much fuller flavor. After we did it properly we let the bottle sit on the counter all day long and opened it up at night and it still had a lot of fizz and zip in the flavor in the soda. You can also do as we did and make just plain old sparkling water and the fizz will last all day. Plus if you don’t shake up the drink after you pour the syrup in the carbonated water you will not have the desired taste that you are supposed to get.

Conclusion
The cola taste that this has is the best thing about this product, and the fact that you will save space on your shelves and you will be helping the environment. If you need to get a hold of the company, the number is 1-800-763-2258 located in Cherry Hill New Jersey. I can highly recommend this machine and you will notice a positive difference within 30 seconds of using it. Five stars out of 5 for overall use and how environmentally friendly this is.

Create delicious bubbly drinks at home with this refreshing soda mix Soda mix makes it easy to create your favorite flavor drink from the comfort of y...
Office Depot

Find soft drinks and water at Target.com! Make your own diet soda with sodastream's cola free soda mix. Comparable to coke zero, this sodastream sodam...
A refreshing, zero-calorie SodaStream soda mix cola taste that's sweetened with Splenda . each 16.9 fl. oz. bottle makes about 12 liters or the equiva...
JCPenney
SodaStream 1100462010 Features: -No storing of cans and bottles.-Each bottle makes 12 liters of soda equivalent of about 33 cans.-Does not contain hig...
Wayfair
Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Add a capful of Soda Mix to sparkling water and enjoy SodaStream's versions of classic soda flavors. Diet Soda ...
Home Depot