SodaStream Jet - Perfect Seltzer Anytime
Written: Aug 20, 2012 (Updated Sep 19, 2012)
a Very Helpful Review
by the Epinions community
Pros:Earth-friendly (Reduce, reuse), non-electricity/non-battery operated, no storing soda from grocery store
Cons:Some flat flavors.
The Bottom Line:
If you like sparkling water and want to spend less money, this is the product for you.
Sodastream - "your home soda factory". Yeah, it caught my eye the moment it came out of a TV commercial. So finally, after months of literally "eyeing" this product - I finally bought it. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the sodastream but of course, I let my husband do the demo for me. The pack contains the following:
1 SodaStream home soda maker
1 SodaStream reusable CO2 carbonator - UNDER LICENSE (included)
1 SodaStream reusable carbonating bottle
Taste Sampler Pack - 6 flavors (each makes 1 liter)
- Rootbeer (serves 4, 35 calories per serving)
- Orange (serves 4, 35 calories per serving)
- Lemon-lime (serves 4, 35 calories per serving)
- Diet Cola (serves 4, 0 calorie per serving)
- Diet Pink Grapefruit (serves 4, 0 calorie per serving)
- Energy (serves 4, 35 calories per serving)
The power of technology, the noise the SodaStream makes is out of a Science Fiction movie. The hissing sound from the escaping gas, I mean. Now comes the "tasting" part, Seltzer/Sparkling water is perfect - it's fizzy and convincing. It does make you burp like a regular Seltzer or Soda. And now, the attempt to make a flavored soda - taste test wise it failed on so many levels. There is no way you can perfect the taste of a grocery store-bought soda. I guess the best thing would be "flavor according to your taste."
"Why I finally bought SodaStream."
Actually, my husband is akin to drinking Seltzer/Sparkling water and man, it can get very expensive. A bottle of a sparkling water cost a little more than $1.50 at Walmart but in NY City it's $2.50. Let's face it, it's always gonna be expensive in the City. So, I decided to get the Sodastream along with a couple of flavor mixes. Flavor mixes comes in varieties and it's tricky to get the right "taste."
"What I (and my husband) love about SodaStream."
The machine is non-electricity/non-battery operated and it does comes with a REUSABLE CO2 cylinder so it means;
- it's safe to use
- soda is ready in SECONDS and NO clean up
- comes with 6 flavor taste sampler
- over 50 variation in flavors (if you want the "flavored drinks")
- it saves money (1 CO2 cylinder can make literally 150 cans of soda)
- No lugging or storing soda from the grocery store
- Reduce, reuse recycle (GO GREEN!!!) - it means EARTH-FRIENDLY.
"What I hate about SodaStream."
Hate is a strong word, so I would refer to it as what I DO NOT LIKE about sodastream.
- some flavors are hard to "perfect" although it comes with a measuring cup.
- carbonating bottle is hard to clean - (could easily be solved by using baby bottle brush available in the baby section of your favorite mall/store).
After a month of twice daily use to carbonate water, we finally ran out of CO2 but the spare we purchased was definitely a good idea. I found out that I can conveniently exchange an empty CO2 carbonator at Wal-mart and other select stores. It cost me $15.00 for an exchange (actually a new CO2 carbonator - they do NOT refill an empty tank) whereas a new CO2 carbonator can cost $19.99.
Read all 4 Reviews
Write a Review