Sony Bravia KDL-46EX723 46" 3D-Ready 1080p HD LED LCD Internet TV Reviews

Sony Bravia KDL-46EX720 series 46 3D LCD TV is a phenomenal TV

Dec 28, 2011

• Sound:
  • Picture Quality:

Pros:Great picture, low power consumption, price

Cons:Internal speakers are terrible

The Bottom Line: Buy without hesitation

Summary

The Sony Bravia KDL-46EX723 46” 3D LCD TV is an incredible TV. Perfect for bright rooms. The picture is crisp. The casing and finish are attractive. The sound from the internal speaker is pretty bad, but this product integrates perfectly with the Sony Sound Bar. I purchased the Sony Bravia KDL-46EX723 which is Best Buy’s version of the Sony Bravia KDL-46EX720 46” 3D LCD TV (the only difference is that this one has the benefit of integrated wifi instead of just wifi ready). This is the lowest priced Bravia that Sony makes in this series. I compared the Sony Bravia to the LG 47” and the 46” Samsung I adjusted all of the picture settings to try and make it as realistic a comparison as possible. I also have to add price into the mix when making the comparison. The Sony was $999(on sale), The LG was $1199 and the Samsung was $1299. The Samsung had the Gorilla Glass screen which is super popular right now but is prone to massive glare. My living room is all windows so that was out immediately. That left me with the LG and the Sony; both have Matte screen finishes.

LG 47LX6500 47” vs. Sony Bravia KDL-46EX723 46” 3D LCD TV

The picture quality might be a little better on the LG(it’s soooo minute, it’s hardly worth mentioning), but you can only tell the difference in a side by side comparison. Both are 1080P and the Sony does offer the CineMotion, which delivers a more cinematic picture, some people love this, I hate it and keep it turned off.  Both offer 120HZ refresh rates but both advertise 240HZ, this is mainly a marketing gimmick the 240HZ is simulated. The screen is slightly bigger on the LG which makes it almost 2” wider. That said both TVs didn’t seem to have a problem with image tearing or tiling.  Sony has Active 3D while LG is Passive( most experts agree Active is better). Both have 4 HDMI inputs, Ethernet port, USB, Digital Audio Out, cool widgets, PC video input. No media card reader!(Bummer).
Why I picked Sony:

-Active 3D vs Passive. (Glasses are more expensive for Sony but 3D quality is better)

-Greener option. The Sony is the greenest TV out there with the lowest power consumption of any LED LCD TV. It also has a very cool auto off feature that will turn the TV off if you leave the room.
-Wifi built in, vs. Wifi ready
-Still think the Sony brand is better quality than LG.
-Price, almost 20% cheaper!

Bottom Line

I’ve had this TV for about a month and couldn’t be happier. It is a fantastic TV. The picture is awesome, the matte finish makes glare a non-factor and it looks awesome in my living room. Setup was a breeze and the TV is light! 3D works well and is a really cool feature, I’m glad I went with a TV that had 3D. I got this on a Black Friday special at $999 and it currently being sold for $1250. The model I got with the wifi built in is only available at Best Buy. I’m sure the price will come back down to $999, or less, in the coming month.

Newegg.com

Sony Bravia 32” Ex340 720p Led Hdtv Kdl32ex340 27242785021

Sony Bravia 32” Ex340 720p Led Hdtv Kdl32ex340 27242785021

General Features Closed Caption (CC): Digital Finish: Black Start Up Sony Logo Display: Yes Display Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Display Resolution: HD Resoluti...