Sony MDR-E818LP In-Ear only Headphones - Black Reviews

Sony MDR-E818LP In-Ear only Headphones - Black

Comfortable headphones with good sound

Dec 1, 2004

Pros:Extremely comfortable, good sound, shuts out extraneous noises well.

Cons:No carrying case.

The Bottom Line: Strongly recommended because these are far more comfortable than most other headphones.

I have the SONY MDR-EX51 headphones, and I've been using them a lot. I've been very pleased with them. (I don't know why they are listed here as "Apple Computer" since the ones I have are unconnected with Apple.

I mainly use them to listen to the radio and tapes on my Sony Walkman. The sound quality is fine for spoken word, and it's fine for music. The bass sound is good, and when you use it with the "MEGA BASS" option on, it's almost too much bass.

The best thing about these headphones is the silicone buds that you put into your ear. They are more comfortable than just about any other headphone I have used. I'm able to listen to them for hours without it becoming uncomfortable. They come with 3 different sizes of ear buds to fit different size ears. I also use them in bed and I find that they are not uncomfortable when I have my head on the pillow, even when I am on my side. Very few other headphones are that comfortable, and most "over the ear" headphones are very uncomfortable if you are lying down on them

They do have a long chord, as another reviewer points out, but that has not been a disadvantage for me. In fact, it is a good thing because I have found other headphone chords too short.

Of course, the sound quality is not as good as high price over the ear headphones, but for the price, it is as good as that of other headphones. The sound has a slightly different feel to it because the silicone buds shut out a lot of outside sound. I used these headphones for when I was mowing the lawn, and I had no trouble hearing an audiobook over the sound of the lawnmower engine. It's also fine for using in airplanes and trains, so long as you don't feel the need to listen to what's going on outside you. It's probably not a good idea to use these while driving though!

The one complaint I have is that there is no carrying case with these. It would be convenient for when traveling with them, because chord can get tangled if you just put it in a pocket.

The other feature that some users might not like is that the inside of the headphones can get clogged with earwax! This means that you have to clean them out ever so often. This might make you less willing to share them with other people.

Item Description High Quality 16mm Driver Units / Neodymium Magnets for Powerful Bass and Clear Treble Sound / Comfortable In-Ear Design Item Features...