Sony MDR-E818LP In-Ear only Headphones - Black Reviews

Sony MDR-E818LP In-Ear only Headphones - Black

AMAZING SOUND!!!!!

Feb 6, 2005 (Updated Feb 6, 2005)

Pros:Superb Sound, very lightweight, comfortable fit, reasonable price

Cons:Carrying case could be larger

The Bottom Line: Excellent value, remarkable sound and comfortable fit should put these at the top of your list.

If you want your DAP or CD player to reach its full potential, you need to upgrade your headphones. The included headphones/earbuds that come with most players are OK, but they usually don't bring out the best quality your audio player is capable of. I would highly recommend the Sony MDR-EX71SLs. I've never been a big fan of the earbud style headphones before. I always assumed that they just couldn't produce sufficient bass because of their small drivers. Boy was I wrong. Unlike conventional over the ear headphones, earbuds don't rely on large size drivers to produce bass. Their bass is achieved through an "air tight seal". That's why these come with three different size silicon earbuds. A tight seal is essential, yet easily achieved with one of the three different size earbuds included. The sound reproduced by these is astonishing! I have no desire to go back to full size over the ear headphones. The bass is deep, well controlled and tight with no distortion or muddiness. The midrange is airy and transparent. The highs are pristine and velvety smooth. All frequencies are well balanced. These things are so tiny, when you first see them you can't help but be skeptical. One listen and your jaw will drop. If you read any negative reviews about these babies, the reviewer probably doesn't have the proper fit. They also come in white, which is a perfect match for my Creative Zen Touch or an iPod. Run out and buy these now! Trust me. You won't regret it.

One note: If you want to save yourself $10.00, you can get the MDR-EX51SLs instead. They use the same exact drivers. The only differences are: they come in black only, they have a single 4 ft. cord, instead of a two piece cord and they don't come with a carrying case.

New Sony MDR-E818LP Lightweight Stereo Earbuds / Earphon​es - Black / Silver Cord Dimensions:Appox. 1 m (39 3/8 in) with stereo mini plug Features:S...
Item Description High Quality 16mm Driver Units / Neodymium Magnets for Powerful Bass and Clear Treble Sound / Comfortable In-Ear Design Item Features...