Sony MDR-E818LP In-Ear only Headphones - Black Reviews

Sony MDR-E818LP In-Ear only Headphones - Black

Stay Away!

May 24, 2005

Pros:Comfortable. Cord length (1m) good for portability. Inexpensive.

Cons:Distortion at high and low levels. Not great sound. Quality isn't too high.

The Bottom Line: I'd stay away from these headphones mainly because of the distortion which seems to be present quite a bit.

I've been searching for a long time for a good pair of portable headphones to use with my Creative Zen Touch MP3 player. I thought I would give these earbuds a try since they were pretty cheap ($16CDN) and made by SONY.

I guess you get what you pay for.

Nothing at all remarkable about the sound quality from these headphones. It seemed to me like it distorted pretty quickly at high and low volumes but was mostly alright at a nice mid-level. I noticed that while these headphones didn't lack bass they seemed to have too much treble for my liking.

I also experienced a problem with the quality of the cord. Perhaps I just received a bad pair but sometimes when I would move I would hear static in the headphones. I imagine that there was a lose connection inside the cord somewhere.

On a positive note I found them to be very comfortable; I wore them without the pad on. I work 8 hours days and used these headphones for 2 working days, all day long, and had no problem with comfort.

Some may find the cord a little short (1m) but it's perfect for me. I can put my MP3 player in my pocket or in it's case on my belt and the length is ideal -- not too long, doesn't get in the way of things and not too short either.

All in all, these are what they are, a cheap pair of headphones. I've had Panasonic headphones that were around the same price and I was more impressed with those. I'd stay away from these earbuds if you're even somewhat serious about music; go with a pair of Panasonic or the Sennheiser earbuds.

New Sony MDR-E818LP Lightweight Stereo Earbuds / Earphon​es - Black / Silver Cord Dimensions:Appox. 1 m (39 3/8 in) with stereo mini plug Features:S...
Item Description High Quality 16mm Driver Units / Neodymium Magnets for Powerful Bass and Clear Treble Sound / Comfortable In-Ear Design Item Features...