Sony MDR-E818LP In-Ear only Headphones - Black Reviews

Sony MDR-E818LP In-Ear only Headphones - Black

Excellent Sound and Comfortable Earbuds

Aug 18, 2005
Rated Show

Pros:Excellent sound, affordable, very comfortable.

Cons:Cord is too short. I prefer white to the black color.

I was attracted to these by their excellent rating here at epinions, and sure enough these fine and affordable earbuds live up to their hype. I have an older pair of Sony's that sound horrible, and I was skeptical. I was looking to replace the 2nd set of iPod earbuds I'd accidentally stepped upon (the iPod buds die, fyi, after any serious trauma). My old Sony's were sturdy enough, but the sound was lacking. Boy was I surprised by the MDR-E818LP!!

The bass response is excellent, as is the 'full sound' of midrange and treble. What was really striking to me, as I listened to Big Star Radio City, a classic test soundtrack, was the clear presence of all musical instruments, all equally balanced in the mix, something akin to what you'd expect from spending big $$s on an elite stereo and speaker system. All from $10 buds. I think the sound quality is superior to the iPod buds, although I do admit I favor the iPod white over the stark black of the Sonys. I am very happy with my choice, however, and expect many years of listening pleasure from this small investment.

New Sony MDR-E818LP Lightweight Stereo Earbuds / Earphon​es - Black / Silver Cord Dimensions:Appox. 1 m (39 3/8 in) with stereo mini plug Features:S...
Item Description High Quality 16mm Driver Units / Neodymium Magnets for Powerful Bass and Clear Treble Sound / Comfortable In-Ear Design Item Features...