Sony MDR-EX81LP In-Ear only Headphones - Black Reviews

Sony MDR-EX81LP In-Ear only Headphones - Black

Excellent Mis-understood Ear Buds

Jan 21, 2007
Rated Show

Pros:Great balanced sound, stay in your ears, good noise cancel.

Cons:Could be a bit fuller sound.

I've read some reviews of these phones. Most criticize that they have the ear hooks but they don't hold well. They are missing the point. Some people like me can't wear buds - they fall out of my canals within 45 seconds after I put them in. With these phones, because the wire attaches to the end of the ear wrap, they are not meant or needed to hold tightly against your ear. They are a "shock absorber" between your pulling on the wire, stopping them from falling out of your ears. They stay on/in my ears as good as my Koss over the ear phones do, but provide much better outside noise cancelling and sound.

I also find the sound of these buds, once you find the right place for them in your ear, to be pleasant. I listen to them as much lower sound levels than I do others, and I find a excellent balance between bass and treble. Most other phones I find have too much bass or treble. All in all, an excellent ear bud phone, particularly for active folks like me who can't keep the buds in our ears.

Audio Driver Unit : 9mm Frequency Response : 5Hz - 23,000Hz Impedance : 16 ohms Sensitivity (db) : 100dB/mW General Case Type : Case Design : Earbud D...