Sony MDR-AS20J Ear-Hook Headphones - White Reviews

7 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Very Good

Way better than earbuds!

Jan 21, 2010

Pros:Stylish
Comfortable
Small
Volume (loud!)
Quality of audio
Stay in and on your ears

Cons:Will get tangled in your pocket
"Sony Quality" price
Less than Useful clip

The Bottom Line: These  Sony MDR-AS20J Consumer Headphones are winners because of their size, quality of audio and volume, and the simple fact that they stay on your ears way better than earbuds.

I had lost my previous set of headphones for my Ipod, and was not inclined to use a random pair of earbuds laying around the house, so it was off to the store. I had a pair of Sony headphones in the past that were great for the price, so I decided to try these Sony MDR-AS20J Headphones on for size. once I got them out of the package and on to my ears they stayed there! The sound that came out of them was way better quality than what I thought it would be, and the volume can get really loud. They stay on better than any other earbuds I've tried before, are also very comfortable on the ear. ( Probably due to the flexible rubber "loop hangers" or so they call them ) They maintain the size of earbuds, yet come close to the volume and quality of regular sized headphones. They are very stylish and light. I like these Sony Headphones alot!

The only problem is the wiring. if you put them in your pocket, they will come out tangled every time. Solution, keep them on your ears more! There is also a small clip for attaching to clothing, which doesn't do much good for me, so I just removed it. ( it is adjustable up and down the wire, and removeable, no surgery required. )

The last thing. I went to Best Buy. I got the Best Buy, but not necessarily the Best Price. Don't forget that Sony Quality sometimes equals Sony Price, and that is where Best Buy didn't help.

Overall, these Sony Headphones are a great buy, have awesome volume and sound quality, and stay on the ears comfortably. Just remember to shop around for the best price.

SONY MDR-AS20J NON-SLIP HEADPHONES WHITE Condition : New Other Manufacturer: SONY Part Number: MDR-AS20J Features Include: Vertical In-The-Ear Design ...

SONY ACTIVE STYLE LOOP-HANGER EARBUD TYPE HEADPHONE: MDR-AS20J WHITE The vertical, in-the-ear active style MDR-AS20J headphones makes it easy to add a...