Sony MDR-J10 Headband Headphones - Green Reviews

Sony MDR-J10 Headband Headphones - Green

Stay put for sports, but don't last forever

Jan 14, 2008

Pros:Stay put. Good sound. Comfortable. No ear soreness like those ipod headphones!

Cons:Wish they lasted longer. But you get what you pay for, I guess

The Bottom Line: Will keep buying them till I find something I like better. They’ve served me well.

I’ve been using these headphones for 3 years now. I’ve gone through 3 pairs. It seems that that is their lifespan, for my 1 hour a day gym use of them. Granted I beat them pretty hard, as they swing when on the treadmill, and occasionally my daughter has gotten ahold of them. After a year or so they start to buzz, and then crackle, and then one side goes out, etc. Time for another pair.

Great sound overall though, and I love the fact that they stay put in my ear when doing lots of movement.

At first I couldn’t get them to sit right in my ear, and spent a lot of time fiddling with the wrap-around-the-ear part, until I realized that the key is to hold onto the base piece under the ear bud, and adjust from there. Move it forward and back till it feels right. With time, of course, it’s like second nature. I had just never used an over the ear type of headphone.

I do wish that there was a Y slider to adjust the tightness of the “Y” around your head. I often want it tighter and higher up, so that there’s less wires swinging and banging around.

One complaint I had was that I found that the perspiration from my temple seemed to catch on the top of the wrap around, and then drip straight into my ear--almost as if it was designed to do just that! This was maddening, but a sweat band solved the problem and tucking the top of wrap around part under the band keeps the headphones even more in place.

Vertical in-the-ear design reduces size and weight to the minimum; comfortable hour after hour Minimizes sound leakage for consistently clear reproduc...