Sony MDR-J10 Headband Headphones - Green Reviews

Sony MDR-J10 Headband Headphones - Green

Cheap, Semi-Reliable, Great for Active Lifestyles

Nov 30, 2008

Pros:comfort, price, use

Cons:break easy, not high quality sound

The Bottom Line: Get them for running and nothing else.

I have only recently acquired these due to a faulty wiring in my last set of headphones. I bought this pair mainly because I have an active lifestyle and they look very comfortable. They seemingly produce rather good sound. I use them when I go running and have relatively no problems. The shape of these makes it a little bit unique for new users, but you quickly adapt to their feel. From the prices up there I didn't catch a deal because I got mine for 11 bucks at my local Wal-Mart. As far as my experiences with them running I have to give them an A+. However, I would not suggest these solely for listening. I am a bit of a cheap audiophile and think that if you solely want these for listening you will be disappointed by the sound quality. The range sort of inhibits some songs. If you play a song at max volume for some random reason, you will experience some static which is common for low quality head phones. One bad thing is that they tend to break easily, so you must practice precautionary measures to not drop them. To try to sum up my personal opinions, these are great if you want a pair of "active" headphones. They are a very cheap solution with decent quality for the price. If you want quality and insane comfort, I would steer clear. Due solely to my experiences and needs they rank a 4 star.

Vertical in-the-ear design reduces size and weight to the minimum; comfortable hour after hour Minimizes sound leakage for consistently clear reproduc...