Sony MDR-NC7 Headband Headphones - White Reviews

Sony MDR-NC7 Headband Headphones - White

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Inexpensive and functional

Jun 26, 2011

Pros:Keeps noise out for a long time, not flimsy, inexpensive, folds up for compact storage

Cons:Bad bass, hurts ears, easy to accidentally turn on, used battery = fuzzy sound

The Bottom Line: While these are far from the best headphones available, I'd recommend these headphones to anyone who is looking for a reasonably inexpensive pair of noise-cancelling headphones.

I received the Sony MDR-NC7 headphones as a Christmas gift from my sister about two years ago. She purchased these for a cheap price at target and they've worked well for me over the two years I've had them.
They've held up well, keep noise out for many hours, haven't broken (which is a first for me, I tend to break my headphones), and they perform their job well for their cheap price.
An interesting positive factor of these headphones is that they are fantastic for storage and fold up well enough to fit entirely in the palm of my hand.
However, knowing that the product is inexpensive, it should be known that these headphones have a number of drawbacks.
For instance, they DO tend to lack in sound quality and if you're looking for something with a large capacity for bass, you'll want to buy something a little bit more expensive.
Another drawback is that the headphones, while they look good enough as far as padding goes, tend to hurt your ears after wearing them for 1-2 hours. If you're planning on buying these for a long flight, I wouldn't recommend it.
Having to do with the functionality of the noise cancelling feature itself, there are a few problems. Those are that it is easy to accidentally turn on the feature, which happens to drain the battery over time. When the battery is drained, the sound can get distorted and fuzzy.

Your browser does not support JavaScript. To view this page, enable JavaScript if it is disabled or upgrade your browser. Click Here. Double your traf...

Audio Driver Unit : 30mm, Dynamic, closed, dome-type Frequency Response : 30Hz -20,000Hz Impedance : 33 ohms at 1kHz (when the power is on), 35 ohms a...