Sony MDR-RF970RK Headband Wireless Headphones - Black Reviews

Sony MDR-RF970RK Headband Wireless Headphones - Black

Questionable Product

Jan 13, 2008 (Updated Jan 13, 2008)

Pros:Soft ear covers, Powers on/off when you put them on/off.

Cons:Never actually got them to work.

The Bottom Line: Questionable. Sony makes great products, but this one has failed twice.

We bought this for my father for Christmas. He needs to blast the TV to hear it and makes the rest of us go deaf ;)
We bought it at Circuit City for a great price. But when we plugged it in, after charging, the green power light never came on. So we charged for 2 more days, checking every couple of hours to see if it would work. Finally, we switched to regular batteries, and voila, green power light, but.... no reception. So I went back to Circuit City and exchanged them for another one (I figured maybe it was a bad set, we should try another.) I got home plugged it in and charged it over night...NO green light. I unplugged the power cord, plugged it back in and finally got the green light. Still had no reception. When I put the headset back on the charger, and lifted them off, there was no green light. When I unplugged the power cord again and plugged it back in I got the green light....Ummm, loose power cord? I could hear it change channels every time I hit the button but I never was able to pick up sound from the TV. I even walked around the house to make sure I was not too close or too far away. So I gave up and returned them. Now I am thinking about a Sennheiser.

HQRP ® Batería para Sony MDR-RF925, RF925R, RF925RK, MDR-RF970, RF970RK Auricular Características Generales: HQRP ® batería recargable; Voltaje: 2.4V;...