Sony MDR-V150 Headband Headphones - Black Reviews

Sony MDR-V150 Headband Headphones - Black

Redesign the Jack Sony!

Aug 16, 2009

Pros:Good price for sound quality

Cons:Stupid large destructive Jack

The Bottom Line: Not for active music lovers

These are fine affordable headphones if you never move.  The sound quality on these, the comfort level and the price would make allow me to rate the product much higher, but one feature is atrocius.  The Jack that is plugged into you music device is potentially devastating to the sound.  You may find that one side of your stereo sound on your music device will fail with excessive use of these headphones.

This may sound unbelievable, but I have experienced this phenomenon with these headphones.  I believe it's on the account of the huge jack these headphones are featured with.  When an mp3 player or whatever you use is in a pocket or some other containment, it moves.  This happens especially if you yourself is moving a lot.  Joggers, walkers, skateboarders, snowboarders, pretty much people who are not stationary when listening to their portable devices should avoid these.  The huge jack is pushed around in your containment system and degrades the contact on your device.  One side of your stereo sound or the whole thing may fail.

In the recent past, I used Sony MDR-V150 headphones while snowboarding almost everyday for about 3-5 hours.  The contact on my Ipod music player failed.  I warrentied it and the next replacement met the same fate.  This kept happening over and over with other mp3s players too.  I talked to other people in the area with a similar lifestyle who owned these and I met another person who had the same issue.  I came to conclusion that my headphones where causing this issue.  For one the headphones still worked and the MP3 player did not.  2 differnt models of Ipods were warrentied for this issue.  ALso it happened to a creative labs player I owned too.

I discontinued my use of this product and bought more expensive steezy Skullcandys of a similar style.  The jack on these were much smaller.  I have not had any contacts fail on any brand of Mp3 player for over 2 years with the same lifestyle.  My Zune never had this happen and neither did my many Zens I lost or my Ipod shuffle.  These players were using my skullcandies.

All active music lovers should avoid these cheaper headphones.  The price you pay for these could devastate your much more expensive portable device.

Description: Earpads Replacement for headset, Compatable with audio-technica ATH-SJ3, ATH-SJ5, ATH-ES7, Sony MDR-V150, MDR-7502, etc. (Packaged 1 pair...

Foxnovo Replacement Soft Foam Ear Pads Ear Cushions for SONY MDR-V150 /V250 /V300 Headphones (Black)