Sony MDR-V150 Headband Headphones - Black Reviews

Sony MDR-V150 Headband Headphones - Black

45 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Very Good

Sony MDR-V150: Best bang for you buck!

Sep 30, 2011 (Updated Oct 21, 2011)

Pros:Cheap, clean sound, perfect cable length. Very worth the purchase.

Cons:Not very long lasting.

The Bottom Line: I recommend purchasing this item. It is inexpensive and has very good sound!

My experience with these Sony headphones has been very good, and still is! I am very pleased to have purchased them when I did. Below are some reasons of why I think you will love the Sony MDR—V150 as I do.
Durability
I bought the headphones around two years ago at a local Blockbuster store, believe it or not. I purchased them because they cost very little - at around $16. They are still very much alive, and the sound quality is still amazing. These are the longest lasting headphones I've ever had, out of probably four or five. However, the cushion for the ears is starting to wear out, and the headband part is also near breaking point, even though I have taken considerable care of it.
Comfort/Feel
These headphones offer cushion for the ears that make it feel as if the headphones are not there. Also, the headband is made wide, which spreads the pressure over a wider area. Unfortunately, after about two or three hours I still seem to get “ear fatigue.” Bottom line: They are not that comfortable.
Loudness/Clarity
I do not like my music very loud, but instead I love hearing every single instrument clearly. These headphones offer clarity and loudness, up to 98dB/mW sensitivity. The bass is very good for the price. I listen to Hip-Hop, such as Macklemore, and the bass is clean and loud, but not overwhelming. Owl City is spectacular with these headphones, because of the clean sound, the reverb (really big hall sound) is outstanding. If you like super loud music, these are not for you. Although they are good, they are not made for extreme volume.
Cable Length
The cable length is 6.6 ft. Sometimes I use the headphones for studio recordings, and the cable length is crucial for me. The length is perfect when it’s connected to my computer and I have a mic in front of me and my guitar on my lap. However when listening on the road, it is sometimes irritating lugging the cable everywhere, trying not to get it tangled.
Price
I purchased the Sony’s for $16. But they go as low as $11.99. Sadly, Sony discontinued them, so you can only get them used.

UP FOR BID IS A NEW SONY MDR-V150 STEREO HEADPHONES.FOLDABLE REVERSIBLE EARCUP FOR EASY SINGLE SIDED MONITORING.SHIPPING IS FOR CONTINENTAL UNITED STA...

Audio Headset Features: Y-Style Cord Model Compatibility: iPod Classic, iPod Nano 4th Generation, iPod Touch 2nd Generation Sound Enhancements: Stereo...