Sony MDR-V250V Headband Headphones - Black Reviews

Sony MDR-V250V Headband Headphones - Black

Pretty good value for the money

Feb 20, 2003

Pros:Good sound, cheap prices,filters surrounding noise well

Cons:Cheaply made.

The Bottom Line: Good sound, low craftsmanship

I bought these for $50 about 2-3 years ago. They were the best headphones my local appliance conglomerate had at the time (Best Buy I think). They sounded better than any headphones I'd had before. Though the bass isn't as deep as many more pricey models, they were still a good deal since I didn't have the dough for the pricier models. Now 2-3 years later I'm buying new Sennheisers. I'd stick with Sony if it weren't for the fact that after one year of use the plastic housing on ALL parts of these phones began to deteriorate. And I mean all. It was weird, first the inner parts that allow the headphones to be adjusted in the bridge that goes over the head began to crack (apply tape) then the actual prices connecting the headphones began cracking (more tape) then the prices that allow the headphones to swivel began to crack (more tape). And yesterday one final just snapped off (A LOT MORE TAPE). The only parts that have actually stayed in PERFECT condition are the actual phones themselves. The sound quality is still just as good and the comfy, fake cushioned leather ear pads are perfect as well. Granted I use these phones more than a normal person (I'm a programmer and wear these at least 4-6 hours a day at work), but still the craftsmanship isn't where it should be. If allowing the headphones to be very adjustable means using thin shoddy plastic parts due to cost, then don't waste the effort. Anyways, if you use these intermittently they may last longer, and like I said the sound quality is great for a $30 headphone.

Up for sale is a brand new Sony MDR-V250V Monitor Headphones. It is brand new in its packaging ready to be used. Packaging in nice shape with only min...