Sony MDR-V500DJ Headband Headphones - Black Reviews

Sony MDR-V500DJ Headband Headphones - Black

Not worth your money or time.

Jan 7, 2001

Pros:very durable

Cons:Lots of distortion, muddy bass.

The only reason I bought these headphones was because my other headphones, the much better V-600's, broke. So I decided to bring my broken headphones back to the store to get a refund. But then I noticed the V-500's on the shelf so I decided to give them a try in exchange for my broken V-600's. That was my first mistake.

But first I am going to tell you the good things about these headphones. One good thing about these headphones is their durability. These headphones should last anybody a long time. I know people who have had these style of headphones for ten plus years.

These headphone use closed air technology which means they muffle out outside noise like television's and radios. They also don't leak out as much noise as open air headphones do so people close to you will not be distracted by your music.

But the good things about these headphones end there. It does not take much volume for these headphone to become distorted and muddy especially if you are listening to rock music or rap. The ear pads on these headphones are extremely tight and uncomfortable so I don't recommend listening to these headphones for more than a hour at a time if that.

I also agree with the reviewers here that say that the sound is very tinny sounding. Drums and other musical instruments don't sound as loud in the mix as they should at times. I do not have any of these problems with my V-600's that I have mentioned above and the V-600's are a better bang for the buck by far. The only person I would recommend these headphones are to people who want to listen to fm/am radio only. But that would be a waste of money considering that these headphones cost me 80 dollars and there are better headphones to use for fm/am radio that cost allot less than these headphones do.

Description: Earpads, ear pads, ear cushion Replacement for headset, Compatible with Sennheiser HD205, HD 215, HD225, Audio-Technica ATH-T2, Pro700, S...
New! Ear Pad Cushion Replacement Set For Sony MDR-V700 V700 DJ MDR-V500 V500 DJ Made from high quality memory foam, these replacement ear cushions are...
SONY Studio Monitor Series DJ Headphones: MDR-V500DJ Feel the rhythm with the MDR-V500DJ Studio Monitor Series DJ headphones. Features include swivel ...