Sony MDR-V6 Headband Headphones - Black Reviews

Sony MDR-V6 Headband Headphones - Black

Excellent. Perfect for DJ and studio use.

Aug 8, 2005

Pros:durability, sound quality, unbeatable price/quality ratio

Cons:headband, a little bit overexaggerated treble for my liking

The Bottom Line: THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK. The best price/quality ratio all around, for under $100 models. Impossible to destruct, awesome sound quality

First things first. This product has been a success among customers for more than 20(!!!) years. These headphones are considered pretty much impossible to destruct. Some people say, on average a pair of these cans will last you for a decade(!!!) or so.

By the way, these are almost absolutely identical to Sony MDR-7506 - except they don't have a gold-plated headphone connector. And they cost 2 times less (Sony marketing places 7506's as a premier line product).

Awesome sound quality for its price - practically unbeatable for under $100. For excellent discussion of its sound qualities, refer to http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=573

The phones allow flexibility too. I am an amateur DJ, and flexibility of headphone placement is very important for me. Even though these headphones don't have a swivel, which allows you to rotate cans in almost any direction, the headband is very flexible, and allows for most of the positions used by DJs. The junction between the can and the headband is reinforced with metal, making sure no matter how hard you work these things, they'll serve you long enough (see paragraph one:)). Also good for the DJ is great external noise blocking, which is very important in the clubs.

Some of the cons are a little bit overexaggerated treble for my liking (maybe, my DJ ears got used to hear only bass:)) and a somewhat uncomfortable position of headband, which creates some pressure on the head.

In conclusion, you can't miss with these headphones: it's simply impossible to find anything with such great durability and sound quality for such a low price.

Visit Store About Us View Feedback Add to Favorite Sellers Item Description NEW Sony MDRV6 Studio Monitor Headphones with CCAW Voice Coil - FREE SHIPP...
Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones with CCAW Voice Coil BRAND NEW IN BOX, NEVER OPENED!~100% AUTHENTIC!~~WILL SHIP WITHIN 24 HOURS OF YOUR PURCHASE...
Quality products at affordable prices. Check out our feedbacks and buy with confidence! Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones with CCAW Voice Coil Fea...