Sony MDR-V6 Headband Headphones - Black Reviews

Sony MDR-V6 Headband Headphones - Black

Great, comfortable headphones for the price

May 2, 2009 (Updated May 2, 2009)

Pros:These are fantastic sounding headphones, comfortable to wear and great on the ol' pocketbook.

Cons:The ear covers are soft and comfortable but tend to wear out.

The Bottom Line: I would buy these for any application, just shop for the best price!

These headphones are very nice.  I have owned these and several other Sony models for years and have been pleased with all of them.  I wear these on long sessions on my computer, sometimes extending for six hours or more.  I have no real complaints about these at all.  First, they are very nice to wear.  They are large and comfortable for long wearing sessions.  They are intended to fit over the ear, not on it, which adds to the comfortabitity for longer wearing periods.  The ear cushions are large and soft and very comfortable.  The speakers are removed from the ear a litle bit and are aimed upward at the ear canal to make the music very spatial and natural.  Second, they are very nice to listen to.  The sound is powerful, including the base, yet is clear over the full range.  The base notes are clear and distinct without becoming muddy, the mid-range is clear without taking over and the higs are clear without becoming harsh or too loud.  Third, they are very nice on the pocketbook.  Last, I like the single cord supply, whis is coiled so it can stretch out easily without tugging on the head or neck.  The gold plated plug with fit either the 1/4 or 1/8 inch jacks with the gold plated adapter.  You would easily have to spent twice this much to hear music any better.  I have owned these, the MDR-v600. and the MDR-v900 models.  All three are fantastic.  The sound is actually better on the V6 and v600 models with lower end music sources, like computers, ipods, and such.  The v900 model shines best only on high end components and with an amplifier.  All-in-all, these are great headphones at any price and a bargain at what sellers are discounting them for online.

Absolutely brand new in sealed retail box!