Sony MDR-V6 Headband Headphones - Black Reviews

Sony MDR-V6 Headband Headphones - Black

These Are The Best Headphones I Have Ever Used

Jan 3, 2010 (Updated Jan 3, 2010)

Pros:Light weight; great aural frequency response; quality sound reproduction; easy set-up.

Cons:None

The Bottom Line:

I do a lot of my best writing early in the morning before the rest of the house wakes up and the noise of ringing phones, televisions, radios, etc. distract me.  And I sometimes like to listen to music while I write and the set of ear-buds that shipped with my Dell XPS AIO Computer have never satisfied me.  First the sound reproduction lacks a solid low and mid-range, they are hard to place in the ear, and after about two minutes they start to physically hurt my ears!
So I started looking around for a new set of "real" headphones, one that fit over the ears, sounds great and are light enough to wear with my glasses.  I was willing to pay up to $100.00 for a pair which pretty much ruled out BOSE, which would have been my first choice, but hey, I have a self-imposed budget.

Eventually my search led me to Sony, specifically the Sony MDR-V6 Professional Stereo Headphones. I have owned Sony headphones in the past, and I liked their build quality, price-point, and faithful sound reproduction.

The Product

From the Manufacturer: The Sony MDR-7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone is a large diaphragm foldable headphone designed for professional studio and live/broadcast applications. These large diaphragm, foldable headphones feature a rugged construction, a secure, highly effective closed-ear design, and a 40 millimeter driver unit for clean, clear sound reproduction. The closed-ear design provides both comfort and outstanding reduction of external noises. The included Stereo UniMatch plug allows use in both 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch applications. A soft case for protective storage is included with the headphones.

First Impressions

I am very pleased with Sony MDR-V6 Professional Stereo Headphones.  They have met all of my criteria nicely; they cost under $100.00 ($70.95 at Buy.com); they are light weight, and; they reproduce sound across the entire musical range (10Hz - 20,000Hz).  An added bonus: they fold up nicely so that I can take them with me on those rare occasions when I travel with my laptop.  And Sony provided me with a handy soft pouch in which to place the headphone.

As far as sound reproduction is concerned, the Sony MDR-V6 Professional Stereo Headphones are hands down the best headphones I have ever owned!  If you are willing to pay, quality can still be had!  The lower frequencies are rich and sufficiently rumbling, the mid-frequencies are engaging and sweet, while the highs are modulated just right.  I am now hearing musical notes in my music that I have never heard before!

The 1.4 pound Sony MDR-V6 Professional Stereo Headphones fit easily over my ear and effectively block out outside noise.  And the headphones are comfortable; I have worn them upwards to two hours without the accompanying pain from my eye glasses.  They are light enough and the foam covering over the earpieces flexible enough to bend around my glasses without pressing them painfully into my temples even after prolonged usage.  This is significant, trust me, as anyone who wears glasses will certainly attest.

Conclusion

I am very pleased with my new Sony MDR-V6 Professional Stereo Headphones, so much so that I might just purchase a set for work.  I can't think of one negative thing to say about the headphones, they are just that good.  I suppose I could grouse about the price, but as I stated at the outset quality cost and I am so over cheaply made goods no matter their country of origin.  The Sony MDR-V6 Professional Stereo Headphones are clear winners.

SONY STUDIO MONITOR SERIES HEADPHONES: MDR-V6 Feel the power of your music and enjoy the comfort and portability of the MDR-V6 studio monitor headphon...

Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones with CCAW Voice Coil BRAND NEW IN BOX, NEVER OPENED!~100% AUTHENTIC!~~WILL SHIP WITHIN 24 HOURS OF YOUR PURCHASE...
Quality products at affordable prices. Check out our feedbacks and buy with confidence! Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones with CCAW Voice Coil Fea...