Sony MDR-XB500 Headband Headphones - Silver/Black Reviews

Sony MDR-XB500 Headband Headphones - Silver/Black

Free Shipping Newegg.com

Great headphones, especially given the pricetag

Sep 16, 2012

Pros:Comfortable
Low price compared to other brands
Booming bass
Decent mids and lows
Sturdy

Cons:Very large - the head pads are like tires
Background noise permeates easily

The Bottom Line: If you don't want to pay over $100, but don't want to sacrifice quality, buy them!

I bought a pair of XB500's after hearing about their clear sound and bass-heavy lows, and I was quite pleased with them the moment I turned them on. They are extremely comfortable - I have no problem listening to them for long periods of time, and the audio is clear and, although bass-heavy, surprisingly good with mids and highs as well. I would reccomend them primarily for EDM music, although they handle other genres well enough. If you have an equalizer, you may want to use it if you'd rather not have all your songs slightly bass boosted. They are not, however, noise-cancelling - not by a long shot. Do not mistake these headphones for noise-cancelling headphones, as background noise permeates the music with ease. The XB500s perform best in an already quiet environment. The XB500s are very sturdy; mine have undergone their fair share of abuse for over a year, with little or no physical damage evident, and certainly no decline in audio quality. You certainly get a great pair of headphones for the amount you pay. All in all, Sony has produced a pair of headphones that I honestly believe outperforms many other brands with larger price tags. Obviously there are better headphones out there, but as far as they go under $100, these are by far the best ones on the market.

Type Stereo Driver Unit 40mm Frequency Response 4Hz-24KHz Input Impedance 40 ohms Sensitivity 104 dB/mW Cord Length 3.9 ft. Weight 0.45 lbs. Features ...
Newegg.com

SONY Extra Bass Headphones - 40mm Driver: MDR-XB500 Prepare yourself for the monster bass of the MDR-XB500 Extra Bass headphones. Sporting a circum-au...