Sony MDRE829V In-Ear only Headphones - Black Reviews

Sony MDRE829V In-Ear only Headphones - Black

Pretty good earphones

Mar 9, 2007 (Updated Mar 11, 2007)

Pros:Sound great, low price.

Cons:Can be uncomfortable, don't stay in ear well when exercising.

The Bottom Line: Great sound, just not very comfortable when exercising for a while.

I have had these earphones a while, two pairs actually. I had to replace the first pair after about a year or so. It seems for me the rubber sheath covering the wire slides off next to the earphone after about a year.

I use these earphones mainly when I am out exercising. They have been used rather roughly while running or cycling. Sometimes the cord gets tugged and the earphone falls out, they are pretty sturdy though and the rubber takes about a year of rough treatment before it wears. Not too bad considering the price of these earphones.

What I don't like is the little foam covering that come with the earphones to make them more comfortable. They only last for about two uses. They don't stay on the earphone very well and they get lost very easily. The earphones only come with two of them, so most of the time with these earphones is without them. That's kind of lame because as I start to sweat and move the earphones start to slide out of my ear. Also the hard plastic becomes quite uncomfortable after an hour or two of exercising.

They sound great, don't use much battery power, and are comfortable at first. I will probably look for something different though when the pair I have now wear out.

The MDR-E829V earbud headphones feature high quality 16mm driver units and neodymium magnets for powerful bass and clear treble sound. The Acoustic Tw...