Sony MegaStorage CDP-CX355 CD Changer Reviews

Sony MegaStorage CDP-CX355 CD Changer

$1,092.45

I'm lazy

Feb 7, 2005

Pros:Keeps one from constantly getting up to change disk.

Cons:13 character labeling limit

The Bottom Line: If you have a 1 - 6 disc changer this will make life a lot simpler and the music experience more enjoyable.

I've been using a Pioneer PD-M455 6 disk changer for more than a decade now. This past Xmas Santa was good to me, of course I'm always good to me, and bought me the CX355. Now instead of interchanging two six disk changers I just sit back, push shuffle all disk and enjoy my music.

There is a lot more experimenting I need to do with the system since i'm still loading in all my CDs. One item that I know I'll do is just keep the display in numerical format and generate a database for recordings that I can print out. This will also allow me to sort the database by CD title, artist, selection title or anything else that fits my fancy.

The thirteen character input to the CX355 display is a waste. So far I have no complaints except for the aforementioned. This thing is a monster being 17W x 18D x 8D (that's inches) and you need to be aware of that when you consider where you will be installing it. I was not and got a surprise. When you consider the size you also need extra space for cables and air circulation.

I have the feeling that I will need a second unit if I; 1/ continue to purchases CDs, 2/ install all my CDS and, 3/ I burn all my old 33 1/3 and tapes to disk.

Designed for avid CD listeners and music enthusiasts, the Sony MegaStorage CDP-CX355 CD changer is sure to give you a wonderful aural experience. Equi...