Sony MegaStorage CDP-CX355 CD Changer

Great Unit! But what about the skipping issue?

Jan 20, 2009

Pros:Outstanding access to your music.
Ability to create categories.
Deleting tracks you don't like.

Cons:Time getting all of your CDs loaded but fun to reacquaint yourself with your CDs.

The Bottom Line: I would recomment it to anyone who has a large CD collection that mostly sits on your shelf.  This lets you hear your music every day.

I was a little hesitant to purchase this unit after reading some of the reviews about problems with CDs skipping or even not playing in some cases.  I did encounter this problem a few times but the cause and the solution were very obvious.  The only CDs that had the problem were CD's that I had put my own homemade labels onto.  Because they do not always seal perfectly on the CD surface, they create an irregularity which the player can have a problem with.  This is not surprising when you consider how narrow the slot has to be for it to hold 300 CD's.  I fixed this problem in one of two ways.  Either remove the label, which can be difficult and can leave a very unattractive looking CD.  Or you can simply make another copy of the CD and leave the label off of it.  Either of these techniques seemed to solve the problem.  You should not have this problem with purchased CDs and professional labeling.  You might also have a problem using CD's borrowed from the library which often have all kinds of labels taped on them.  Once again, the best solution is to create your own copy and use it.  This is a small problem when you consider the value that this unit has brought to me.  All of my CD's no longer sit on a shelf waiting for me to open them up and load them.  They are now all available to me 24 hours a day with the push of a button.  And using the group feature you can select whatever type of music you are in the mood for, or just hit the shuffle button and get a little of everything.  This is one of the best audio purchases I've ever made.

Brand Sony Cdp-cx355 Cd Megastorage 300-disc Changer Compact Disc Player

Brand Sony Cdp-cx355 Cd Megastorage 300-disc Changer Compact Disc Player

Designed for avid CD listeners and music enthusiasts, the Sony MegaStorage CDP-CX355 CD changer is sure to give you a wonderful aural experience. Equi...