Stihl Woodsman Chain Saw Carrying Case (00795711159900) Reviews

Stihl Woodsman Chain Saw Carrying Case (00795711159900)

Stihl Woodsman Chain Saw Carrying Case… Worth The Freight!

Oct 26, 2012

Pros:Protects your saw, Inexpensive, Cleans easy

Cons:May be a little cumbersome

The Bottom Line:

Stihl has the right idea for a worthy chainsaw case with the Stihl Woodsman Chain Saw Case.

Its hurricane season and “Sandy” is the latest one to get my attention. With threats of damage worthy of history books I’m preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. The last tropical storm had one of our 60 foot Maple trees simply fall over, missing my garage/shop by mere feet. The after math entailed a lot of cleanup and some arduous cutting up and hauling away of an established tree that had graced the southern boundary of our property for decades. My Stihl Farm Boss chainsaw was instrumental in paring what started out as a big job into a lot of firewood for friends and family alike.

Keeping your tools in shape sometimes goes beyond simply keeping them in good running order. Years ago I had a chain saw fall and destroy a carburetor on a Homelite saw I couldn’t repair. I knew that saw inside out and by all accounts it would have run forever had it not slipped off a shop shelf. Generally I like cases for all my tools; it happens there wasn’t one available at the time. When I decided on the Farm Boss, I knew I would spend the extra $60.00 for a suitable case, and decided on the Stihl Woodsman Chain Saw Case.

The hard plastic Stihl Woodsman Chain Saw Case is suitable for the ms441to ms460m up to a 20” bar. Wrap handles won’t fit and competing manufacturers products may fit, though I would recommend you bring the saw along at point of purchase. One of the nicer features is the included removable scabbard which integrates into the topside of the Stihl Woodsman Chain Saw Case, a safety feature that also assures your chain remains sharp. There is room for files and an extra chain but not much else, though there’s plenty of room inside. I wouldn’t be too excited about anything bouncing around inside the case, compromising the purpose of the case to begin with.

Twin outer latches assure your saw will travel safely whether on the back of your truck or off a shelf like mine did. While I haven’t experienced a fall with the saw in the case, I would bet my old saw would have fared better in the Stihl Woodsman Chain Saw Case, in Stihl orange. My only complaint “might” be that it is a little cumbersome to store; the case is big, but in this case big is better.
So the final word, I like it and am glad I bought it. I spill chain oil and gas on it and clean it right off. A sturdy handle, good build quality and tight hinge closure. What else can you ask for?

UP FOR SALE IS A STIHL CHAINSAW CASE IN NEW CONDITION 024 021 025 MS250 026 MS260 029 039 MS290 034 036 MS360 Will fit 044 / 046 MS440 MS460 with half...

STIHL Woodsman Carrying Case with Removable Bar Cover This woodsman case can handle multiple tasks. Use it to carry and transport your chainsaw to and...