SWANSON CHICKEN BROTH 32oz 3pack Reviews

SWANSON CHICKEN BROTH 32oz 3pack

+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com
Free Shipping Walmart.com

Not the blue ribbon but this broth is still winn'in

Jan 18, 2013

Pros:Tasty, easily found, no MSG.

Cons:Little salty but not bad.

The Bottom Line: Want a simple, delicious broth that isn't too expensive and easy to find? Give Swanson a try!

Italian wedding, chicken corn, turkey barley… these are my soup specialties. Sure, I dabble with chowders and stews but the bulk of my soup making relies on chicken broth. When I’m out of our favorite organic one from Costco then I go to the backup broth, Swanson.

When I first started soup making, I tried different brands readily available at our local grocery store. I remember thinking that College Inn was okay but not outstanding. Progresso was nasty (don’t know if they even make it anymore). The grocery store brand, Weis, was so-so. I liked their beef version more than the chicken. SWANSON CHICKEN BROTH won hubby and me over.

SWANSON CHICKEN BROTH has a good flavor. The light golden liquid has a solid chicken flavor. There is savory sweet note of vegetables too. Yes, the broth is salty but it isn’t overpowering. There is a thin taste to the broth initially but develops a headier body as it simmers down. It doesn’t quite develop a gelatinous state like homemade broth can but does become a bit denser.

Ingredients and nutritional guidelines info:
Chicken Stock, Contains Less than 2% of: Sea Salt, Salt, Natural Flavor, Sugar, Dehydrated Onion, Yeast Extract, Chicken Fat, Carrots, Celery, Onions.
Amount Per Serving (serving size) = 1 cup (240 mL)
Calories 10
Total Carb. 1g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 1g
Protein 1g

Besides using SWANSON CHICKEN BROTH for soups; it is good for sautéing, making stuffing, and so on. It’s good to keep on hand for cooking emergencies too – like when I get make the chicken gravy too thick. I also like to add leftover broth to the water when boiling pasta. There are lots of uses for broth.

SWANSON CHICKEN BROTH isn’t expensive but I prefer to purchase it only when on sale and/or with a coupon. A 32-ounce carton averages around $2.40 at the grocery store and is cheaper when bought in trio sets at warehouse clubs such as Sam’s Club. The container is usually easy to open but sometimes while in the midst of cooking my fingers have difficulty grasping the tiny foil tab under the plastic lid. Once the seal is gone, it is “souper” easy to use. I love being able to grab it out of the fridge, popping it open and using the broth whenever needed.

We are pleased with SWANSON CHICKEN BROTH and will purchase it again as needed. Our first preference is one from Costco. Still, it is a close runner-up – sort of like my cheeseburger soup. Not in top spot but it is good.

Swanson: Chicken Broth is an excellent base for a variety of meals and dishes. This Fat Free Chicken Broth (32oz) gives you the perfect starting point...