Targus - Debossed Laptop Sleeve - Gray/Black (TSS588US) Reviews

Targus - Debossed Laptop Sleeve - Gray/Black (TSS588US)

1 consumer review

Targus Laptop Sleeve for 15.6" Displays

Jul 6, 2013

Pros:Nice texture and thick padding

Cons:Attracts pet hair

The Bottom Line: This is a great laptop sleeve.

I got this Targus Laptop Sleeve as part of a promotional package deal earlier this year when I bought a new Windows 8 laptop from Best Buy. It was included along with a wireless mouse and free antivirus software, otherwise I probably wouldn’t have bought it myself. That being said, I’ve been quite happy with how it looks and performs. It’s so much easier than lugging around a big laptop bag full of pockets I don’t need. This is made to fit a 15.6 inch widescreen display laptop, which is a very common size.

This sleeve is made of a stretchy foam rubber material covered in a thin fabric and feels like a wetsuit. It also has a strong rubber smell, especially on the inside. I doubt that this is waterproof, and certainly wouldn’t encourage you to get your laptop wet, but having this around when it rains would be better than nothing at all. The edges are lined with a thicker canvas-like material with ridges to the inside to add an extra layer of protection in order to keep your computer from stretching out the corners. You can feel the added thickness going all the way around, which I like. It won’t help too much in a drop, but will still protect it from getting banged around inside a suitcase, for example.

The foam rubber padding is quite thick on this sleeve. I can lay it flat on my desk  and it takes some effort to push down through both layers. My only complaint is that the fabric seems to be a magnet for pet hair though dust isn’t as much of a problem. My dog’s hairs tend to require them to be picked out of the material here. Also, the textured look is only on one side, and the back side of the sleeve is completely smooth.

I have an Asus brand Windows 8 laptop and an HP with Windows 7. The HP is a bit wider and thicker than the Asus, yet both fit perfectly inside this sleeve. It has a single zipper at the top and the inner fabric lining makes it easy to slide the PC in and out. There is no way to lock the zipper so this doesn’t offer any security.

The main downside to using a laptop sleeve versus a regular bag is that it doesn’t have a separate place to put the power cable. You could always cram it down inside there, but then you’ll have a lump sticking out the front. The main purpose for this sleeve is to protect the laptop during transportation and thus allows you to tuck it under your arm or stick it in another container of some kind. If you need extra storage for things like power cables, external backup drives, video/audio adapters and so on, then you should look at getting a bag instead of a sleeve.

Overall, I am pleased with this Targus Laptop Sleeve. It looks good and does a fine job of adding an extra layer of protection to my laptop whenever it is being stored or transported.

woodlot4 store Targus - Debossed Laptop Sleeve Bag Gray/Black From surplus lot Sold as is Shipping All items are shipped within 1-2 days after payment...
Targus - Debossed Neoprene Laptop Sleeve Gray/Black -Fits up to 15.6 Widescreen Posted with eBay Mobile
Targus Debossed Neoprene Laptop Sleeve Slip your laptop into this Targus TSS588US sleeve features a sleek, lightweight design that can be inserted int...
Check out our other items ! TARGUS TSS588US-51 15.6 DEBOSSED NEOPRENE LAPTOP SLEEVE GRAY/BLACK Product Features: Fits most laptops with up to a 15.6 d...
Targus Debossed NEOPRENE Laptop NOTEBOOK Sleeve Gray Black TSS588US 15.6 is new with some might not have tags, but they are in the same new condition....
1-20 of 25 best deals 1 2   Next >> Why are these stores listed?