Targus XL Laptop Bags - Black/Blue Reviews

Targus XL Laptop Bags - Black/Blue

A Superb Notebook Travel Backpack

Aug 19, 2005

Pros:Fits under plane seats fully packed; quality construction, comfortable straps, lots of room, sturdy zippers

Cons:Strap padding around neck a bit restrictive; may not be for business dressed travelers

The Bottom Line: For the casually dressed traveler serious on taking a notebook, this is the bag.

For serious travelers that take their notebook this is the backpack for it.

I now have one two week cross country trip under my belt with this pack and recommend it hands down. I travel
with a Sony Vaio notebook with full screen, wireless mouse, charger and 2 extra lithium battery packs. Not only did this bag comfortably and safely hold this gear for me but also snacks, juice packs, water and travel games for my 4 and 6 year old sons.

I've been looking for a better way to travel with my laptop and small boys for quite a while. When I saw this bag I knew it had possibilities. After an extensive store examination I bought it. Lugging around a daypack and a standard leather notebook briefcase had been getting too challenging. I now have a comfortable, hands free way to travel with my laptop, peripherals, sons and extras.

It has two main compartments: one is padded and the other has a removable divider. There are five smaller
compartments, four of which have zippers and one with a mesh pocket. The sides are loaded with padded pockets
and the padded straps have a cell phone clip on holder. There is a black rubberized handle at the top for easy grabbing when the pack is sitting on the floor.

The shoulder straps are well stitched and fully padded. If there was a negative it would be that the padding is too much under the neck but I'm a seasoned backpacker and have always been fussy on how my pack sits below my neck.
There are waist straps that can be used to adjust for this so its not a real problem.

The styling of the bag is superb with the black cordura nylon and dark midnight blue accent. It may be a bit to "casual' for the formal business traveler who may need a briefcase but for everyone else this is one superb bag. I expect to be using it for many trips and many years.

- Targus Xl Notebook Backpack- Separate, Padded Notebook Compartment Fits Most Notebooks With 17 Inch Screens- Main Compartment For File Storage Inclu...
Targus TXL617 XL Notebook Backpack Bag Fits Up To 17 Laptops NEW All Items Are BRAND NEW In ORIGINAL BOX! Targus TXL617 XL Notebook Backpack Bag Fits ...
- Targus XL notebook backpack- Separate, padded notebook compartment fits most notebooks with 17 inch screens- Main compartment for file storage inclu...
- Targus XL notebook backpack - Separate, padded notebook compartment fits most notebooks with 17 inch screens - Main compartment for file storage inc...