Taylor Classic Instant Read 1'' Dial Meat Thermometer - WAYTYR1092 Reviews

Taylor Classic Instant Read 1'' Dial Meat Thermometer - WAYTYR1092

Easy Read - Taylor Classic Instant-Read Pocket Thermometer

Jan 13, 2012

Pros:well made, easy to read, easy to use, easy to put into meat

Cons:some may say it's not instant

The Bottom Line: If you are looking for a analog thermometer, we would recommend the Taylor Classic Instant-Read Pocket Thermometer.

I had never owned a meat thermometer. When my husband asked me to buy one I just picked one out that “looked good". The one I came home with was the Taylor Classic Instant-Read Pocket Thermometer.

The Instant-Read Thermometer has a one inch dial which shows temperatures from 0 to 220 degree Fahrenheit written in black. The dial is protected by a shatterproof plastic lens. There is an easy to read black pointer which makes it easy to see what the temperature is. The dial sits on top of a five inch stainless steel stem. The end of the stem has a point on it so it makes it easy to stick into meats. The thermometer does come with a sleeve that it fits into when it is not in use. I like the sleeve as it protects me from poking myself when trying to find the thermometer in my gadget drawer.

The Instant-Read Thermometer is easy to use. You just place the stem of the thermometer in the food you are testing and let the needle settle. You can then easily read what the temperature is. The Instant-Read Thermometer is recommended for meat products.

If you should need to recalibrate the Instant-Read Thermometer it is easy to do. You do this by twisting the hexagonal hub that is beneath the dial with pliers. My husband had to do this once since we owned it.

We have used the thermometer for checking the internal temperature of roasts when we are grilling them, cooking in the oven and using the smoker. The needle does take a few seconds to settle so some may say that it isn’t instant. I have no problem waiting a few seconds and still consider the thermometer to be an instant read. My husband has used this thermometer more then I have because he grills more and uses the smoker more then I do. He has found the thermometer easy to use and it seems to be accurate.

The face of the Instant-Read Thermometer does fog up some times but we have not had any issues reading it. Once it fogs up, it does clear up in a short period of time.

The Instant-Read Thermometer is easy to clean. Once we are done using the thermometer I wash the stem off with hot water and a soapy cloth. I then dry it by hand or let it air dry.
I purchased the Instant-Read Thermometer in a store for $3.99. I thought it was reasonably priced. I also thought for that price even if it didn’t work, I hadn’t wasted too much money. I have also seen the thermometer sold online but for a bit more.

The Instant-Read Thermometer is not a digital thermometer so if that is what you are looking for, this thermometer is not for you.

I think the Instant-Read Thermometer is a nice thermometer especially for the money. We have had this thermometer for about six months and we have not had any issues. It seems like it is well made and hopefully it will last a long time. Even if it doesn’t at that price it can easily be replaced.

If you are looking for a analog thermometer, we would recommend the Taylor Classic Instant-Read Pocket Thermometer.

Stainless Steel Instant Read 1 Dial Thermometer, 0 Degree To 220 Degree F, Shatter-Proof Plastic Lens, Durable Stainless Steel, Plastic Case/ Calibrat...
Instant Read Pocket Kitchen Thermometer
TAYLOR Leading the Way in Accuracy CLASSIC INSTANT READ POCKET THERMOMETER Model #5989 Mfg. Lifetime Warranty New in Package ACCURATE READINGS from 0 ...

The Taylor analog instant read dial thermometer is a classic for any kitchen, all kitchens should have some kind of instant read thermometer. The Tayl...
Taylor Classic Instant Read Pocket Thermometer Brand New and Factory Sealed Lifetime Warranty by Taylor Instant Read 1 Inch Dial Shatter Proof Plastic...
Features: 1-Inch dial instantly displays temperatures from 0 to 220 degrees F Dial is protected by a shatterproof plastic lens Thermometer can be reca...
Taylor 5989 Features: -Durable stainless steel stem.-For use in meat.-Shatter-proof plastic lens.-Convenient pocket case.-Carded.-Instant read 0 F to...
Wayfair
TYR1092: Features: -Product Type:Dial -Food Type:Meat -Instant Read:Yes. Dimensions: -Overall Product Weight:0.09
Instant read 0_ F to 220_ F Shatter-proof plastic lens Convenient pocket case Durable stainless steel stem For use in meat Lifetime warranty 1 dial Ca...