Tefal T-Fal Signature Nonstick Red 12-Inch Fry/Saute Pan with Soft Handles - C1440872 Reviews

T-Fal Signature 12” Frying Pan...With Thermo-Spot

Mar 12, 2012

Pros:*Heats evenly *Attractive *So easy to clean!

Cons:*No lid *Not the red I would have liked

The Bottom Line:  T-Fal Signature 12” Frying Pan is a fantastic pan for fying / sauting and is so easy to clean too!

Since retiring I find that I have a lot more time for cooking and enjoy providing my husband and myself a good dinner every night, the only drawback was that I had some of the oldest ugliest pans.

We decided that a new set was in order, but being on a fixed income didn’t want to spend an arm and a leg for it.  When our local ShopKo Department store had their T-Fal pans on sale we decided the time was right.

I had been looking at the ads and wondering whether I wanted the red or black pans but when we arrived at the store and red was all that was left the decision was made for me.  If I would have had a choice I think I would have gone for the black because while I love red this red is an orange red and not the brighter deeper blue red that I love.  Regardless of color, this frying pan is fantastic!

After purchasing this pan I did as the instruction suggested and warmed the pan then treated it with a quick oil wipe down.  Since these are a non-stick I want to do everything I can to keep them that way as long as I can, so I know treating them right, right from the start is important.

The outside bottom of the pan has what almost looks like what an electric burner looks like done in a gold swirl pattern on the bottom.  The words Optimal Technology and T-fal are written in this gold area.   The sides are a solid red and the black handle is attached with two silver rivets on a silver plate.  Because these are not screws if the handle should loosen up I realize there will be no way to retighten it.  The black handle is 7” long and is a solid black and is safe to put into the oven up to 450 degrees.  I admit I haven’t done this yet, it just seems strange to put a plastic (phenolic) type handle into an oven but I’m sure I will at some point.

The inside of the pan is a dark gray / black finish with a slight pattern on the very bottom.  Also on the bottom is what T-fal calls a Thermo-Spot.  This red circle is in the middle of the pan and has a swirl pattern to it.  When preheating the pan the circle will become a solid red when the pan is preheated to the right temperature.  The instructions tell me that this spot will not wear off or lose effectiveness over time.

As with most non-stick pans T-fal recommends using plastic or wood utensils with this pan rather than metal and of course not cutting with a knife directly in this pan.

This pan was included in a 12 piece set and sadly the lid to the Dutch Oven does not fit it.  I would say this is the biggest drawback to using this frying pan.

I love the way this pan heats up, the even cooking that it provides me and of course how easy it is to clean!  That is always a big plus.

I plan to hang these pans on a rack rather than stacking them inside of each other so that their inside coating won’t chip or become an issue.  I don’t plan on needing to buy another pan set (other than a very large T-fal frying pan that I have my eye on) for the rest of my life so do plan on taking very good care of them.  My hubby loves that too since I told him not to wash them, I’ll take care of them myself.

Oh yes, they are dishwasher safe but they caution that the outside may become discolored and dull if washed this way.  Since they are so easy to hand wash and since I don’t have a dishwasher they’ll only be cleaned by me, by hand.

I really love this frying pan and wonder why we’ve waited so long to purchase to new set.  I very highly recommend it!

T-fal Signature Nonstick 12-piece Cookware Set, Red

T-fal Signature Nonstick 12-piece Cookware Set, Red

T-Fal Signature nonstick 12-piece cookware set, red. 12 Piece Set includes: 8 and 11 fry pans, 10.25 square griddle, 1 Qt. and 2 Qt. covered sauce pan...
Goodmans
T-fal C112SC74 Signature Nonstick Expert Interior Thermo-Spot Heat Indicator Dishwasher Safe 12-Piece Cookware Set, Red

T-fal C112SC75 Signature Total Nonstick Aluminum 12 Piece Cookware Set - Red Multicolor - 032406044654

Shop for Cookware Sets from Hayneedle.com! The T-fal C112SC75 Signature Total Non-Stick 12-Piece Cookware Set - Red features the unique Thermo-Spot he...
Hayneedle

T-fal C112sc74 Signature Total Non-stick 12-piece Cookware Set, Red

T-fal C112sc74 Signature Total Non-stick 12-piece Cookware Set, Red

T-Fal Signature 12-Piece Cookware Set - Red Condition: New in Original Box Whether you're an expert gourmet, attentive mother or beginning cook, T–F...

T-Fal Cookware Sets Signature Total Non-Stick 12 Piece Cookware Set in Red C112SC75

The T-Fal C112SC75 Signature Total Non-Stick 12-Piece Cookware Set in Red features the unique Thermo-Spot heat indicator that shows when your pan is p...
Home Depot

T-fal T fal C112SC75 Signature Total Non Stick 12 piece Cookware Red

T-fal T fal C112SC75 Signature Total Non Stick 12 piece Cookware Red

The T-fal C112SC75 Signature Total Non-Stick 12-Piece Cookware Set in Red features the unique Thermo-Spot heat indicator that shows when your pan is p...

Hayneedle

Tefal Signature 12.5 Nonstick Saute Pan, Blue

Tefal Signature 12.5 Nonstick Saute Pan, Blue

Tefal Signature 12.5 nonstick saute pan, blue. Quality non-stick interior for easy cooking and easy clean up. Non-stick exterior for fast and easy cle...
Goodmans
T-Fal Signature Total Non-Stick 12-Piece Cookware Set

T-Fal Signature Total Non-Stick 12-Piece Cookware Set

The T-Fal Signature Total Non-Stick 12-Piece Cookware Set includes two fry pans, a square griddle, two covered saucepans, a covered Dutch oven and thr...