The Nutro Company Nutro Max Weight Control Formula Dry Dog Food 30-lb bag Reviews

The Nutro Company Nutro Max Weight Control Formula Dry Dog Food 30-lb bag

Nutro Max Weight Control Formula Dry Dog Food 30-lb bag

Feb 8, 2013 (Updated Feb 8, 2013)

Pros:No Meat By-products and right size kibble

Cons:Expensive

The Bottom Line: Nutro has done it again, the Max Weight Control Dry Dog Food delivered as promised. Angel loved the food and lost weight. You cannot go wrong with Nutro.

My wife and I have only had cats since we were first married and that was mostly because we lived in small apartments that really did not give us room for a dog. That changed three years ago when we moved into our very first house.

We rescued our dog Angel from the city animal shelter when she was a young puppy and she has since grown up. During a recent visit to the vet they discovered that she was a bit over weight and they recommended we look at the type and amount of food we were feeding her. We ended up at our local Petsmart and bought the weight control variety of Nutro Max Dog food. Since we have always had really good luck with the brand and she had no problem with regular Nutro Max dog food.

Nutro Max Weight Control Dog Food

This special formula is designed to provide all of the proper nutrients a dog needs and at the same time it cuts down on the things that tend to lead a dog to gain excess weight.

What is inside?

Like all of the varieties of the Nutro brand pet foods, the Weight Control dog food is made from only the highest quality of ingredients and never any meat by-products. I am including the top six ingredients from the complete list on the back of the bag:

Ground Whole Wheat, Chicken Meal, Wheat Flour, Ground Rice, Rice Bran and Corn Gluten Meal.

What did Angel think?

When Angel was a little puppy she was really particular about the size of the kibble. Even with regular puppy food the kibble would be too big and she just did not want to eat it. Fortunately, she seemed to have grown out of that problem and she just gobbles up the one cup of Nutro Max Weight Control.

My Final Thoughts

After our vet told us that Angel was a bit chunky for her size, she recommended that we cut down on the amount of food we gave her. We went from leaving her food down all the time, to only feeding her one cup of food twice a day. Unfortunately, that did not help to reduce her weight.

So that is when we switched her over to the Nutro Max Weight Control Dog Food. It seemed that the combination of new food and limiting her on how much she could eat did the trick. On her next visit she dropped some weight and vet said we were on the right track. She has had no digestive problems since  being on it, no tummy upset and her coat is thick and shiny.

The bottom line is, Angel is really happy with the food and it definitely worked to get rid of the extra pounds.

Nutro Max Indoor Weight Control Dry Cat Food

Nutro Max Cat Indoor Weight Control Formula is designed for overweight, less active adult cats BENEFITS: Natural Ingredients with Vitamins
PetFlow

Nutro Max Chicken

Nutro Max Chicken

Nutro *Sub Brand: Max *Flavor: Chicken *Natural Ingredients
Nutro Max Indoor Weight Control Formula Dry Cat Food, 6-lb bag

Nutro Max Indoor Weight Control Formula Dry Cat Food, 6-lb bag

Nutro Max Indoor Weight Control Formula Dry Cat Food, 6-lb bag; MAX Cat Food is available in a variety of flavors and formulas that deliver premium nu...
Chewy.com

Nutro Max Senior Dry Dog Food

Nutro Max Senior Dry Dog Food

Nutro Max Senior Dry Dog Food provides your dog 100% complete and balanced nutrition. We fortify MAX Senior with every vitamin and mineral your dog ne...
PetFoodDirect
Nutro MAX Natural Chicken Meal & Rice Recipe Weight Control Adult Dog Food, 15 lbs.

Nutro MAX Natural Chicken Meal & Rice Weight Control Adult Dog FoodNutro MAX Natural Chicken Meal & Rice Weight Control Adult Dog Food is specifically...
Petco

PetFlow

Nutro Max Indoor Weight Control Formula Dry Cat Food, 16-lb bag

Nutro Max Indoor Weight Control Formula Dry Cat Food, 16-lb bag

Nutro Max Indoor Weight Control Formula Dry Cat Food, 16-lb bag; MAX Cat Food is available in a variety of flavors and formulas that deliver premium n...
Chewy.com

Nutro Max Adult Dog Canned Food - 12.5 oz.

Nutro Max Adult Dog Canned Food - 12.5 oz.

Nutro Max Adult Chicken, Rice and Lamb canned food is a palatable recipe with nutrient rich ingredients that provides an appetizing complement to your...
PetSolutions

Brand New NUTRO MAX WEIGHT CONTROL (REPLACES NU10639 - 5LB BAG)

Brand New NUTRO MAX WEIGHT CONTROL (REPLACES NU10639 - 5LB BAG)

NUTRO MAX WEIGHT CONTROL (REPLACES NU10639 - 5LB BAG)