The Nutro Company Nutro Max Weight Control Formula Dry Dog Food 30-lb bag Reviews

The Nutro Company Nutro Max Weight Control Formula Dry Dog Food 30-lb bag

Nutro Max Weight Control Formula Dry Dog Food 30-lb bag

Feb 8, 2013 (Updated Feb 8, 2013)

Pros:No Meat By-products and right size kibble

Cons:Expensive

The Bottom Line: Nutro has done it again, the Max Weight Control Dry Dog Food delivered as promised. Angel loved the food and lost weight. You cannot go wrong with Nutro.

My wife and I have only had cats since we were first married and that was mostly because we lived in small apartments that really did not give us room for a dog. That changed three years ago when we moved into our very first house.

We rescued our dog Angel from the city animal shelter when she was a young puppy and she has since grown up. During a recent visit to the vet they discovered that she was a bit over weight and they recommended we look at the type and amount of food we were feeding her. We ended up at our local Petsmart and bought the weight control variety of Nutro Max Dog food. Since we have always had really good luck with the brand and she had no problem with regular Nutro Max dog food.

Nutro Max Weight Control Dog Food

This special formula is designed to provide all of the proper nutrients a dog needs and at the same time it cuts down on the things that tend to lead a dog to gain excess weight.

What is inside?

Like all of the varieties of the Nutro brand pet foods, the Weight Control dog food is made from only the highest quality of ingredients and never any meat by-products. I am including the top six ingredients from the complete list on the back of the bag:

Ground Whole Wheat, Chicken Meal, Wheat Flour, Ground Rice, Rice Bran and Corn Gluten Meal.

What did Angel think?

When Angel was a little puppy she was really particular about the size of the kibble. Even with regular puppy food the kibble would be too big and she just did not want to eat it. Fortunately, she seemed to have grown out of that problem and she just gobbles up the one cup of Nutro Max Weight Control.

My Final Thoughts

After our vet told us that Angel was a bit chunky for her size, she recommended that we cut down on the amount of food we gave her. We went from leaving her food down all the time, to only feeding her one cup of food twice a day. Unfortunately, that did not help to reduce her weight.

So that is when we switched her over to the Nutro Max Weight Control Dog Food. It seemed that the combination of new food and limiting her on how much she could eat did the trick. On her next visit she dropped some weight and vet said we were on the right track. She has had no digestive problems since  being on it, no tummy upset and her coat is thick and shiny.

The bottom line is, Angel is really happy with the food and it definitely worked to get rid of the extra pounds.

Max Indoor Weight Control Cat Food, 16-Pound by The Nutro Company [Pet Supplies]

Nutro Max Weight Control

Nutro Max Weight Control

Nutro Max Indoor - Weight Control

Nutro Max Indoor - Weight Control

Nutro Max Indoor - Weight Control Max Cat products are made with select ingredients and the vitamins and minerals your cat needs for his health and w...
Wag.com

Nutro - Max Indoor Weight Control Dry Cat Food, Cat

Nutro - Max Indoor Weight Control Dry Cat Food, Cat

Nutro Max Cat Indoor Weight Control Formula is designed for overweight, less active adult cats BENEFITS: Natural Ingredients with Vitamins
PetFlow

Nutro Max Natural Weight Control - Chicken & Rice

Nutro Max Natural Weight Control - Chicken & Rice

Nutro Max Natural Weight Control - Chicken & Rice Nutro Max Natural Weight Control - Chicken & Rice is formulated with high protein to meet the needs ...
Wag.com

Nutro Max Indoor Weight Control Formula Dry Cat Food, 6-lb bag

Nutro Max Indoor Weight Control Formula Dry Cat Food, 6-lb bag

Nutro Max Indoor Weight Control Formula Dry Cat Food, 6-lb bag; MAX Cat Food is available in a variety of flavors and formulas that deliver premium nu...
Chewy.com