-57%
The Neverending Story (DVD, 2010, With Book) Reviews

The Neverending Story (DVD, 2010, With Book)

+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com

This movie takes you to a fantasy land

Jul 10, 2003

Pros:Great adventure / fantasy film for most ages

Cons:Might be a little scary for young children

The Bottom Line: This movie is a classic and is a must for your movie collection!

The first time I saw this movie, I was sitting my 4th grade classroom. I'm now 28 and this is still one of my favorite movies.

This is a story about a boy (Bastien) who loves to read and finds a book that takes his imagination a bit far -- he finds the book "The Neverending Story," which is about the crumbling of the fantasy land, Fantasia. The princess calls for a great warrior to stop The Nothing, which is destroying their land, Fantasia. Atreju (pronounced a-tray-you) arrives at the castle and accepts his mission. The quest to fight The Nothing proves tedious, but he meets some interesting characters along the way who end up helping him in one way or another (even if he doesn't know it). At the risk of spoiling the movie, I won't go into more details, but this is DEFINITELY a must-watch for anyone who enjoys fantasy.

In director Wolfgang Petersen's charming fantasy, Bastian (Barrett Oliver), a lonely schoolboy alienated from his father and bullied by his classmates...