The X-Files - The Complete Second Season (DVD, 2000, 7-Disc Set) Reviews

The X-Files - The Complete Second Season (DVD, 2000, 7-Disc Set)

The Truth is Out There .. The Aliens Are Out There ??

May 3, 2001

Pros:Great Show. Makes our family spend time together

Cons:Addictive. Not for young children

The Bottom Line: You have to watch several The X-Files episodes to really appreciate them!!! Great Show.

Our family is addicted to the X-Files. Our 14-year-old daughter introduced us to this addiction and family life has never been the same. Sunday's are spent getting prepared to watch the X-files. Family outings, vacations, and parties are planned around the X-Files. While this may sound strange, at least for an hour a week the family is in the same room, talking to each other, and doing the same thing.

As if this addiction wasn't bad enough, we now own The Complete Second Season for the X-Files. So we can also watch The X-Files without commercials of Saturday nights! Unfortunately we are unable to turn the DVD off, so we may spend hours on Saturday nights watching episode after episode.

Season 2 on the X-Files is mostly about aliens. Sometimes the series attempts to shock the viewer and some of the earlier episodes were a little too gory for my son (10) and myself. This season really goes into the backgrounds of the two FBI agents (Mulder & Scully). It develops a government conspiracy that is really interesting. One FBI agent, Dana Scully gets abducted, which sets the groundwork for many future seasons episodes.

There are 12 episodes in the season 2 DVD: Little Green Men, The Host, Sleepless, Duane Barry, Ascension, One Breath, Irresistible, Die Hand Die Verletzt, Colony, End Game, Humbug and Anasazi. Disk 7 will not work in a cd-rom drive because of enhanced features and some of the enhanced features will not work on a MAC. It is in Full-screen format

The sound on the DVD is fantastic. One can almost feel the spacecraft landing in our den! We enjoy watching the deleted scenes. The deleted scenes give you a peek at how Chris Carter and group think while producing this great show. Having no commercials is the BEST!

While Iíve written how my entire family bonds over this show, I must warn you that certain parent may not want their younger children watching this show. My youngest is 10 and doesnít get scared easily. Please use your judgement.

The complete second season of the cult television series, on seven DVDs. Features 25 episodes covering the deepening mysteries encountered by Agents M...