Thomas & Friends - James Goes Buzz Buzz (DVD, 2009, With Toy Train) Reviews

Thomas & Friends - James Goes Buzz Buzz (DVD, 2009, With Toy Train)

Buzz Buzz says James

Jan 25, 2000 (Updated May 8, 2001)

Pros:Great storytelling by George Carlin

Cons:Not long enough

The Bottom Line: Learn all about Thomas the Tank and friends with this live action animation video.

We purchased this video at Toys R Us from a gift certificate, and we have two other Thomas The Tank videos and my son who will be 5 picked this one up. There is a Winnie the Pooh video where he gets stung by bees and this one is similar in that context.

The price was better than a full hour video and my son knows all the names of all the cabooses, locomotives, etc. This one gets viewed the most in our house and my son is always talking about James and his red nose being bit by the bees and the steam. He has learned a lot of words from watching these videos.

The fact that my son has autism and in special ed is mentioned because structure and repetition is important in learning. And the trains are in each of the videos, and they are all friends and the names are great to remember.

George Carlin is the narrator and adds to the storyline as well. I know names of all the trains from listening to my son. He interacts with the trains and plays alongside with the video as it is playing. He now takes his trains to school on share day and wants to bring his video.

Since this video, we have now found the television show on Fox Family that is called storytime with Thomas, and there are books as well. The whole family of Thomas the Tank is a welcome addition to our household.

It is my hope to someday take my children on a train ride similar to those they see on the video.

***UPDATE*** MAY, 2001

I have read this review from the perspective of a consumer and find that I told of why my son liked Thomas the tank trains but little on the actual movie.

James Goes Buzz Buzz & Other Thomas Stories is now a favorite of my almost five-year old son. James shows off to the other trains when a swarm of bees come over towards him but then he gets attacked by them.

The other stories include Bertie the Bus in a chase, Percy, James & The Fruitful day, Heroes and One Good Turn. There is Bulgy the double decker bus in a short story as well. This all takes place on the Island of Sodor.

The tape runs for almost forty minutes with each story running approximately five minutes or so. The tapes are not rated and appropriate for children over the age of three.

Each train has a name, number and color to differentiate from the rest of them. When my son was learning about bees and honey in school this tape was especially helpful to him in the process.

Check out the adventures of Toby, James, Percy, Bill and Ben in this delightful children's video

Shining Time Station is filled with more fun stories for kids. Narrated by funnyman George Carlin.