TPU Rubberized Soft-Gel Skin Case - Clear Smoke Argyle For Motorola Droid X2 Daytona

Good Protective Cover for Droid X2

Jan 27, 2012

Pros:Inexpensive Good Protection for Your Droid X2 against scratches and light impacts

Cons:Some Rough Edges. No protection for Screen.

The Bottom Line: Good inexpensive protection of the body, not the screen, against scratches and impacts.

After upgrading to Droid X2, I knew I wanted to get a cover to protect it from dings and scratches. Based on my experience with other covers, here were my criteria.
1. no silicone cover. I used silicone covers for Palm and found them to be wanting. First, they discolor over time. I had gotten a white cover and over two years, it had become yellow. Second, they collect dirts. Because of static clings, there would be dirts in all the crevices. Third, it could be a bit bulky. In order for it to have any structural integrity, it needs to be thick enough.
2. no rubberized plastic cover. My experience with rubberized plastic cover was bad. First, rubber skin is very thin. Over time, it gets worn out and hard plastic shows up. Second, because it is a hard shell, it does not provide any shock protection. It only provides puncture protection.
3. no leather cover with a belt clip. When I didn't want to carry my phone clipped to my belt, belt clips made the phone tough to carry in my pocket because it will catch onto my pants' lining. Sometimes the clip would press onto my thigh.
4. no carry case. There are two types of carry cases: one is a body hugger and another is a loose one with cover. I tried the leather body hugger; it was really hard to put the phone in and take it out. I tried the loose one; it was too big to carry in my pocket.
So based on my previous experiences these types, I was left with TPU skin. Because the price was so low, I was dubious but I wanted to try it. I have used it for more than two months now. I think it is the best one so far.
1. It has a soft feel to it which means it will provide shock protection. At the same time, it is hard enough to provide puncture protection.
2. It is light and thin. It didn't seem to add any weight or bulk to the phone.
If you are looking for an inexpensive protection for your phone against scratches and light impacts, you can't go wrong with this one.
One negative would be that just like any plastics, there are some rough edges where the molds meet. But it wasn't a problem for me.

Amzer White Soft Gel TPU Gloss Skin Case Cover for Apple iPhone 5 5S

Amzer White Soft Gel TPU Gloss Skin Case Cover for Apple iPhone 5 5S

Let your Device shine! Add style and flair to your iPhone 5 without the additional weight and bulk of other traditional cases. This lightweight Amzer ...
INSTEN White Transparent TPU Rubber Gel Candy Soft Premium Case Cover Skin For LG Lucid 3 VS876

Semi Transparent White Candy Skin Cover (Rubberized) compatible with LG VS876 (Lucid 3) Give your phone an extra edge by using this product It will pr...

Amzer Soft Gel TPU Gloss Skin Case for Samsung Galaxy Note - Black - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging

Durable Soft Gel Tpu Frosted Case Cover Skin For Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0-purple

About SF Planet Payment Shipping Terms and Condition Exchange Privacy Store search in titles description Store categories Store Home Cell Phone Access...

Black Jelly TPU Soft Rubber Gel Skin Case + Car Charger + Clear Film For HTC One M7

Package included: 1X TPU Case + 1X Car Charger + 1X Reusable Screen Protector;Special Return Policy applies on this product; Return for refund (origin...
Amzer Soft Gel TPU Gloss Skin Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV I9500 - Translucent Red

The Soft Gel Translucent Red TPU gloss finish abridges your Samsung GALAXY S4's subtle contours, giving you the sleek look of a hard case and the shoc...
Durable Soft Gel Tpu Frosted Case Cover Skin For Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 -black

White TPU Jelly Soft Gel Skin Case Cover + Micro USB Car + AC Home Travel Charger For LG G3 D855

Package included: 1X TPU Rubber Case + 1X Car Charger + 1X Travel Charger1X TPU Rubber Case Keep your cell phone protected in style with this TPU rubb...
INSTEN Black TPU Gel Skin Case+Car Charger+Diamond Film For Samsung Galaxy S III S3 i9300

TPU Rubber Skin Case with Stand Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S III / S3, Black Colorful Diamond Screen Protector Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S II...

Blue Soft TPU Jelly Rubber Gel Skin Case Cover + Micro USB Car Fast Power Charger For LG G3 D855

Package included: 1X TPU Rubber Case + 1X Car Charger1X TPU Rubber Case Keep your cell phone protected in style with this TPU rubber skin case accesso...