TPU Rubberized Soft-Gel Skin Case - Clear Smoke Argyle For Motorola Droid X2 Daytona

Good Protective Cover for Droid X2

Jan 27, 2012

Pros:Inexpensive Good Protection for Your Droid X2 against scratches and light impacts

Cons:Some Rough Edges. No protection for Screen.

The Bottom Line: Good inexpensive protection of the body, not the screen, against scratches and impacts.

After upgrading to Droid X2, I knew I wanted to get a cover to protect it from dings and scratches. Based on my experience with other covers, here were my criteria.
1. no silicone cover. I used silicone covers for Palm and found them to be wanting. First, they discolor over time. I had gotten a white cover and over two years, it had become yellow. Second, they collect dirts. Because of static clings, there would be dirts in all the crevices. Third, it could be a bit bulky. In order for it to have any structural integrity, it needs to be thick enough.
2. no rubberized plastic cover. My experience with rubberized plastic cover was bad. First, rubber skin is very thin. Over time, it gets worn out and hard plastic shows up. Second, because it is a hard shell, it does not provide any shock protection. It only provides puncture protection.
3. no leather cover with a belt clip. When I didn't want to carry my phone clipped to my belt, belt clips made the phone tough to carry in my pocket because it will catch onto my pants' lining. Sometimes the clip would press onto my thigh.
4. no carry case. There are two types of carry cases: one is a body hugger and another is a loose one with cover. I tried the leather body hugger; it was really hard to put the phone in and take it out. I tried the loose one; it was too big to carry in my pocket.
So based on my previous experiences these types, I was left with TPU skin. Because the price was so low, I was dubious but I wanted to try it. I have used it for more than two months now. I think it is the best one so far.
1. It has a soft feel to it which means it will provide shock protection. At the same time, it is hard enough to provide puncture protection.
2. It is light and thin. It didn't seem to add any weight or bulk to the phone.
If you are looking for an inexpensive protection for your phone against scratches and light impacts, you can't go wrong with this one.
One negative would be that just like any plastics, there are some rough edges where the molds meet. But it wasn't a problem for me.

Amzer Soft Gel TPU Gloss Skin Case for T-Mobile G2x - 1 Pack - Case - Black
TPU Gloss Gel Skin Case for Huawei M835 - (Black)

TPU Gloss Gel Skin Case for Huawei M835 - (Black)

TPU Gloss Gel Skin Case for Huawei M835 (Black) - Get this form-fitting TPU crystal skin case and say goodbye to the boring hard plastic cases and hel...
www.CellularOutfitter.com

Amzer Soft Gel TPU Gloss Skin Case for HTC EVO 3D - Black - 1 Pack - Case
TPU Gloss Gel Skin Case for Huawei Ascend II M865 - (Hot Pink)

TPU Gloss Gel Skin Case for Huawei Ascend II M865 - (Hot Pink)

TPU Gloss Gel Skin Case for Huawei Ascend II M865 (Hot Pink) - Get this form-fitting TPU crystal skin case and say goodbye to the boring hard plastic ...
www.CellularOutfitter.com

Tpu Imd Slim Gel Skin Design Case Cover For Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Iii Air Mail

Tpu Imd Slim Gel Skin Design Case Cover For Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Iii Air Mail

Product Info Shipping Paymenty Contact Us FeedBack Product Info Description:Brand New in Retail Package Designed for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Luxmo Exclu...