Truxedo 1704212 Stake Pocket Cover for GM Full Size/Classic 1999-2011, (Pack of 4)

The finishing touch

Jan 25, 2013

Pros:Looks great with a tonneau cover or over-the-rail spray-on liner

Cons:May not last too long if you're removing them often.

The Bottom Line: Good looking and practical, but may be fragile.  Even so, they're cheap enough to replace annually if needed.

I read some of the other reviews about the tabs breaking off these covers, so I was somewhat leery. I ordered anyway since the Truxedo name is generally trustworthy. When the package arrived I opened it and placed the four individual covers on top of my cable box for a few hours to warm them, figuring that would help the tab flex without breaking.

I have an over-the-rail Line-X job on my truck and the liner material is sprayed around the inside of the pockets. Even so, the covers popped right on without any drama, fit very snugly, and look terrific. Worth noting is that the covers are not much larger than the stake holes themselves... I'm surprised at how small they are. I placed the cover squarely over the hole and pushed it straight down with a piece of a 2"x4" in order to keep it from getting cocked in the opening and perhaps snapping one of the tabs.  It seemed to work, though there is a  whitish mark on one of them where the tab may have stressed a bit.

Once they're in place they sit quite low on the rail - there's almost no profile to them at all.  This is a good thing, as the rubber seals for my Undercover Flex tonneau cover sit partially on the covers.  No leaks, no problems!

It's been a few weeks and they're still there, so I doubt they'll fly off any time soon. I haven't tried to remove them to access the pocket, but I imagine a putty knife or similar tool will lift them right out if/when needed.

Truth being told, I have my doubts that these plastic covers will stand up to more than a few removal/reinstallation cycles, but in more than ten years of pickup ownership I have yet to use the stake pockets. These covers are the finishing touch the factory forgot.

Product Information: TruXedo Stake Pocket covers are sleek high impact plastic inserts designed to easily snap-in to cover pocket holes. They are grea...

Truxedo 1704210 Stake Pocket Covers

Truxedo 1704210 Stake Pocket Covers

Truxedo 1704210 Stake Pocket Covers All Oil Burning Toys orders ship via FedEx Ground We DO NOT offer shipping outside of the continental United State...

Truxedo 1704212 Stake Pocket Covers

Truxedo 1704212 Stake Pocket Covers

Truxedo 1704212 Stake Pocket Covers All Oil Burning Toys orders ship via FedEx Ground We DO NOT offer shipping outside of the continental United State...

Ads by Google