Qantas

LAX - MEL Business Class

Jun 13, 2007

Pros:Clean aircraft, flat seats in Business class

Cons:Lousy food (really lousy) and horribly indifferent flight attendants!

The Bottom Line: Stay away from Qantas the service and the food are horrible and they charge you too much

I flew recently from LAX - MEL business class on Melbourne. I was completely disappointed. Check in was ok. I flew from Dallas to Los Angeles and American Airlines gave me a boarding card for the Melbourne flight. I checked with Qantas in the Bradley Terminal and they insisted on giving me a new boarding card, so much for the OneWorld partnership working.

We boarded and the flight attendants were the most arrogant and unhelpful I have ever experienced. Imagine that when your ticket cost in excess of $11,000 US. The plane was immaculate and the seat was sort of comfortable, although it is very hard. Seems Qantas does not replace the padding when it gets worn out.

The food was horrible. I chose the chicken dish. When it was served I noticed that it was the cheapest cut of chicken possible, a boned thigh. Along with the main course was a tiny salad and a piece of bread. There was no starter/appetizer. Forget about getting a wine refill, because the staff disappears after the meal service not to be seen again until breakfast. Not only did the meal make me sick, it just was not a enough and it tasted awful.

For breakfast, they serve a custom ordered tray that you select at the beginning of the flight. Again, the food is cheap and the portions are inadequate. The coffee cup is tiny so even though you need a second cup, forget about it with the inattentive I could care less flight attendants. Ask for a second cup and prepare to get a very nasty look.

Overall, if you can fly another carrier, do. Qantas is a very mediocre airline that charges way too much for VERY little.